Raise awareness of one's own competences
The first step is to develop a self-image, or an awareness of the positive qualities which have led to success in the past. In order to get your professional and methodological skills on track, the following questions you should ask yourself:
- How do I succeed?
- With which questions do colleagues, customers and supervisors come to me again and again?
- What do I stand for? Manager?
- What do others appreciate about me / my work?
- Why was I more successful in a project than others?
- What events are repeating?
Identify personal strengths
The personal competences can be worked out with a view of the tasks already completed.
However, expand the field mentally and also consider what parallels exist in private life or which of your personal strengths are helpful in the professional environment.
Checklist: How to find personal strengths
To identify these strengths, you should ask yourself the following points:
- What role do I play in the job, but also outside of it? For example in the circle of friends, in the family, in the leisure activities ...
- What would supervisors, employees, colleagues, friends, customers etc. say about me? (It's a good idea to actually ask: What makes me look like? What do you get in touch with?) What are the reasons to contact me?
- What tasks always end up on my desk and why is it so? What can I do particularly well in the eyes of my superiors?
- Did I get other tasks before? Has something changed?
What to look for
It is also important to look at what seems self-evident to yourself. Because the things that we do particularly well, routinely or for a long time, we often do not consider worth mentioning. It is precisely this, however, which is the cornerstone of the personality mark.
And you have to work out this personality brand in order to use it strategically in the job.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).