Project-wise support by Company
The students at the MEKTORY are supported by companies project-wise: Skype eg donates prices for competitions, companies like Mitsubishi hire the students project-wise. But the companies also pay in part for the equipment and provide their own experts, who teach the project.
Also for local companies such as the Old Hanse, a shop for medieval goods, the students of the Department of Materials Management should find out how to pack and send them more efficiently.
The MEKTORY has defined 5 targets
- Bring together scientists, students and entrepreneurs, solve problems of practical product development and develop new, intelligent ideas. Therefore, the Mekator focuses on three sectors: design and product development, development of business models as well as mobile services and media.
- Theoretical study is complemented as much as possible by the practical side. It is equally important, however, to better prepare engineers for their jobs by working with them.
- Students are encouraged to push their startup companies through business model competitions, among others, where winners have been able to gain insights into the world's leading technology centers.
- Children should be encouraged to take the engineering profession. Therefore the MEKTORY also offers numerous courses for children.
- Internationalization is also a goal: Here, students from different countries are to work together, optimally complementing their working habits, ideas and approaches.
Data mining and eye tracking
But what does it look like? A research area is eg data mining. The students carry out eg eye-tracking studies, with which they can measure, where the readers look at websites. There is also something for normal shops, where the visitors are looking around with ey-tracking glasses.
The Mektory sees itself as a flagship of attention, students should try out, make initial contacts with companies and gain experience with real problems - but not enter the market.
How companies and students benefit from each other
Companies, on the other hand, benefit from the expertise of the students. It is primarily about bringing companies and universities closer together, but also about encouraging students to learn about technology.
The university proposes talented students or organizes business model competitions. The money comes partly from the companies, but also from subsidies from the EU.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).