The conditions that you must fulfill for a BAföG promotion according to BAföG § 7,2 are:
If you want to apply for BAföG under § 7,2, you must make it clear that the payment in such cases is only possible in the form of an interest-bearing bank loan BAföG § 18c. That means you have to pay back every penny with (cheap) interest.
- It must be an education within the meaning of BAföG §§ 2 or 3. Accordingly, only further training at specific training facilities, such as the university or under certain conditions, is also possible for distance learning (see below for legal reasons, §§ 2 and 3)
- BAföG § 7,1 may not be used: BAföG § 7,2 is only to be used if it is no longer an apprenticeship within the meaning of BAföG § 7,1: also a professional further education or training at collegues, evening grammar schools, etc. may still be within the scope of paragraph 1.
- You can only get BAföG for one further education: According to BAföG § 7,2, only one additional training can be supported. This may also be - in total - a third vocational training, if the apprentice has not consumed the basic funding claim according to BAföG § 7,1 by a three-year, but for example by two vocationally qualifying training. But: A further further education according to BAföG § 7,2 has already taken place, if for this training itself also the conditions according to BAföG § 7,2 existed. Previous training in the sense of this provision is not every previous education, but only the last preceding education. Even if you do several training courses at the same time, training support is only provided for training. The trainee then has to indicate for which training he applies for training support.
- Whether or not you receive BAföG for this second education does not depend on whether you have already received BAföG in the first training: The decision according to BAföG § 7,2 is independent of whether training support was or could be used for the first training. After all: If the trainee has completed the BAföG § 7,1 training grant in accordance with the BAföG §§ 2 and 3, he / she may not, even if he / she has not been funded, for subsequent training more to be promoted according to §7,1, but only for further training according to BAföG § 7,2.
- You must have completed at least one vocational qualification: BAföG § 7,2 requires that the trainee has completed an initial training in accordance with § 7,1 professionally qualifying. However, this does not necessarily need to be a single education or a single qualification. The training must have lasted for at least half a year or one semester or one semester or one semester, with the aim of providing regular, regular and / or professional and / or scientific knowledge. An internship was required following the final examination. the training is only completed with the completion of this internship.
- You must have successfully completed your initial vocational training: You can only start further training if you have successfully completed your first vocational training, such as passing an intermediate or final exam. z. B. Acquisition of the general or subject-related higher education entrance qualification by passing the intermediate or final examination at a university of applied sciences. This also applies if an additional test is required for this purpose. Vocational training is only completed if a qualification required as an entry requirement for a profession has been passed by laws or regulations of the state or of a public body (eg churches, chambers of crafts). If such an examination does not provide a condition for admission or is not provided for at all, the training with the actual scheduled termination is deemed to have been completed as a vocational qualification. If the trainee has finally failed the final exam of the first training even after repetition, there is no entitlement to further training according to BAföG § 7,2.
- Further training must continue in the same direction: An education leads on in the same discipline if it conveys additional knowledge and / or skills from the same material knowledge field. A supplement in the same discipline is, for example, a continuation and deepening on the full breadth of the previous training; new areas of the substance to a lesser extent are harmless to the promotion or to a sub-area which is characterized by the previous training.
- Additional skills and abilities must be taught: Further training in the sense of BAföG § 7,2 is only a training, through which additional knowledge and skills are conveyed to a considerable extent and the existing professional qualification is expanded. This is regularly the case when the training finishes with an examination and the granting of a certificate
- Further training must lead to an extension of the already existing vocational qualification: Minor training or further training events regularly do not meet this requirement. For example, a postgraduate degree can be funded according to BAföG § 7,2.
- The further training can also be self-contained: both self-employed (providing all the knowledge and skills required to obtain a vocational qualification) and supplementary training (eg advanced, advanced and supplementary courses) can be funded. , The funding is independent of its duration and the type of educational institution on which it is carried out. But: Self-employed education is not eligible for funding if, together with the previous education, it is sufficient to provide complementary training for an appropriate occupational activity. As a rule, the conditions mentioned above can be better demonstrated in supplementary courses of study - therefore, the chances of receiving funding here are better.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).