This entry contains content and information that may be out of date, eg due to legal or statistical changes. Because it can still be helpful to get an overview of the topic, you can still find it here.
Conditions for the change
However, if you have just moved to a new fund, you will have to wait another 18 months for another change.
If your health insurance increases the contributions, you can also change before the end of the 18 months, but again for only two months. Thereafter, this special notice period expires.
Which health insurance funds are available?
Basically, you have the free choice between regional general local health insurance funds (AOK), alternative health insurance funds (such as Barmer, DAK, technicians), company health insurance funds (BKK) and guild health insurance companies (IKK). But: not all company health insurance funds are open to all states. The guild health insurance companies are officially not open to all, but inquire: They sometimes also take on outsiders.
However, when selecting the checkout, pay attention not only to the most favorable tariff, but also to the services. Although 95 percent of the benefits of a health insurance are legally prescribed, there may be some important differences depending on the health insurance statutes. In the following, you will find an overview of the regular services and benefits of the statutory health insurance:
Checklist: Benefits of statutory health insurance
- Medical treatment, cancer screening, cancer screening, health care
- Driving and transport costs for treatment
- Dentistry, orthodontic treatment, dentures
- Therapeutic, psychological and psychosocial measures for children
- Inpatient hospital treatment, care in inpatient hospices
- Parent's involvement in hospitalization of a child
- Home nursing, home help, childcare costs
- Medicines and dressings, remedies, aids
- Pregnancy control, artificial insemination, pregnancy care, pregnancy and childbirth
- Child and adolescent care, youth health examination, dental care in children and adolescents
- Sick pay in case of incapacity for work;
- Maternity allowance equal to the sickness benefit for pregnant women from the 4Tag before delivery up to a maximum of 14 weeks
- family insurance
- Health insurance abroad
Additional benefits of the statutory health insurance
Also the statutory health insurance offers a number of additional services. You should pay attention to this:
- Types of treatment: Before changing, check whether the cash office takes alternative healing procedures and homeopathic treatments, rehabilitation cures, outpatient care or additional vaccinations.
- Grants: The amount of the subsidy for dentures can vary as well. In glasses some cash registers allow glasses and contact lenses to be parallel.
- Prevention: Since 2004, the health insurance companies are allowed to reward health-conscious behavior with cheaper tariffs or reduced co-payments. The conditions are determined individually by each cashier. For voluntary insured persons, even contribution refunds and lower contributions with deductible are permitted. Look carefully!
- Service: If you frequently need to communicate with health insurance and submit numerous documents, a health insurance company with a branch office is useful. Small business farms in particular can be problematic here: they have cheap contributions, but often only one office, some even a permanent telephone.
- Health insurance: Self-employed persons can get 70 percent of their income during the last twelve months from their cash register (more to calculate the contributions in the relevant chapter below). The sick pay is paid for the same illness in a maximum of 78 weeks in three years. Anyone who is insured under the normal tariff is entitled to sick leave from the seventh week of illness. There is no claim for a reduced rate of contribution. However, anyone who wishes to receive sick leave from the third or fourth week of illness must pay an increased contribution of up to 18,8 percent. Contributions and services are very different and must be asked for individually.
- There is a limitation of the scope of the health care reform in the treatment of secondary diseases due to unnecessary medical interventions - for example, complications as a result of cosmetic surgery or piercing.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).