What to do?
We believe that the implications of our findings identify some key issues that are important to all organizations and that are discussed in the remainder of this section. Some recommendations are also included.
However, to address the challenges, further measures are needed, some of which are mentioned below.
- Work-life balance and resilience
- Guide - in particular development deficit and communication needs
- More support for virtual teamwork (as well as more general support for executives)
- The need for a better alignment of individual and organizational approaches to the
- Trust is of particular importance in the current economic and political environment.
4 Key areas that make the difference
The four core areas highlighted in our survey results are issues that, in our opinion, are the difference between the organizations and organizations that regularly impress and outperform their competitors:
1. How well organizations design, develop and implement change initiatives
An important part of any change recipe is that managers have the ability to lead change.
2. Warm warmth leads to lukewarm change
The importance of human issues - such as motivation, employee engagement and trust - and whether they are valued by the organization. For example, are human issues discussed in the same way as the senior team's business and strategy issues?
The slogan “Our employees are our greatest asset” is not heard that often these days, but it captures what is at the heart of this topic - does the organization, coach and mentor support the employees to achieve the best possible performance? Is there a culture that values learning and development and understanding the positive impact on financial results?
3. Quality of leadership within the organization
- Is coaching an integral part of the management task?
- Listen to executives and communicate with their employees?
- Do executives conduct behavioral patterns for others?
- Are you walking with talking on foot?
It also includes organizational trust issues - top executives bear much of the responsibility to build a strong culture of trust within a company and to create a place where integrity and respect are strong values. Although the level is usually high - just over half of respondents say that there is a strong culture of trust in their organization - this means that there are a considerable number of respondents who disagree. We asked respondents to tell us what is important to build trust, and their comments highlight a number of practical questions:
- Integrity of managers and demonstration of this integrity through “Walking the Talk
- Honesty and transparency
- Communication, consulting
- Empower employees to take more responsibility by showing confidence and respect. The
- Autonomy is also highlighted in the survey results on motivation.
4. The role of the manager within the organization
Executives should be at the center of every organization and a key question is:
- What level of support and help do you receive?
- Do they have sufficient resources to do their job?
- There is a good relationship between top executives and managers at all levels
- Company and managers regularly receive praise and recognition for a job that is well done?
These well-known standard questions are often used to assess engagement and morality, but also provide a practical framework for assessing the working environment of managers. It is also useful to think about how it looks for managers working in a more negative environment.
They cannot count on the support of their boss who may be too busy or simply not interested in their “problems”. Some feel overworked and undervalued, in “fire extinguishing mode”, stressed and under a lot of pressure every day. For others, it may seem like they are at the bottom of the food chain - with little freedom, many commands, but with limited or no information about the important overall context.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Read customer feedback and buy a book on this topic at a discount: Do you like this text and want to read more information about it? Buy the right book including this text, buy it here in two languages, as a member even with a 20 percent discount. Would you like to take a look at the book first? You can do this by previewing the book look at and then purchase on the book page.
German edition: ISBN 9783965960503
English version: ISBN 9783965960510 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).