Managers do not do their job justice
Managers usually approach the necessary change with great commitment and agility - but the bitter reality is catching up faster than expected: they fail to implement it. Instead of specifically supporting and relieving their employees, they additionally burden them, exert pressure, demand instead of promoting. What is needed is a symbiosis of task / process orientation and human orientation as well as empathy as a lever for success in achieving sustainable results and shared success.
But the reality is different: permanent overload in the daily business leaves no time for reflection and for the planning and implementation of strategic future projects. This overburdening of managers inevitably leads to overburdening employees with more and more tasks, too many unclear specifications and a permanent change of priorities.
Only lip service
Executives fail to implement goals, strategies, projects because the focus is on "must" instead of "can - may - will" and they do not manage to make employees involved as involved.
And all in a time that is characterized by dynamics, speed, complexity, shareholder value and the demand for agile methods. If leadership coaching is lacking as a core competency and knowing the key methods, executives can not motivate their employees to move. Change and implementation - and self-responsibility - remain a lip service.
Pick up staff, take people
Obstacles, the so-called SAU traps (failure.An.Umsetzung) take their momentum. Above all, they forget the crucial point: to pick up the staff. To lead means to take the people around. This is the only way to achieve excellent results.
Implementation often fails because both employees and executives or project managers do not continually work on their improvement or renewal. They remain in the status quo. Projects fail, goals are not achieved. No wonder, after all, today's focus is more on the goal than on the human factor.
5 symptoms in the corporate environment
Economically, in most cases, this not only leads to no solution, but even to paralysis. Add to this disruptive technologies and the much-described VUCA world: Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity shape our lives - both privately and professionally.
International competition is constantly increasing. The innovation cycles are getting shorter. Globalization and digitization are progressing. Due to increasing speed and an increased intensity of pressure and stress the illnesses increase. Discussions with CEOs, HR developers, and employees reveal the following symptoms:
- Loyalty decreases: Both employee and employer loyalty declines. This can be clearly seen in current developments such as spin-offs and agency work, changes in the workplace and the discussion about the home office.
- Strategies fail: It is an increased failure of goals and strategies to see. Instead of a culture of implementation prevails Company usually an excuse culture! As a result, fewer and fewer results are achieved, which bring the company forward at the necessary high speed.
- Pressure grows: Pressure and stress increase, which contributes to discomfort for many employees, and often leads to burnout. The employees clearly feel that there is a lack of support on the part of the company or executives.
- Time is missing: Executives are very busy with themselves. They have a huge amount of work to do and not least due to digitization a lot of administrative tasks. Constantly new processes, controlling etc. - there is no time left to fulfill the most important task of a manager: to lead people - as a management coach.
- No solution: There is a lack of a solution that companies and people can use to master this change effectively. The variety of tools and methods confuses more than it helps. There are no instruments that really focus on employees as human beings in a continuous change process, so that they are permanently taken on and motivated.
A new behavior is needed
If we want to achieve something - something new in addition - we need implementation skills. We have one desire, one vision, one goal - and one strategy is to guide us. Sometimes this is achieved with relatively little effort, sometimes we have to work harder.
Because in order to get into the implementation, we often have no choice but to change our behavior. A big challenge for us humans. Also because change is accompanied by a high degree of self-discipline. This and the will to achieve the goal, but then almost automatically lead to a consistent self-control.
Intervention, if necessary
Important in connection with implementation in companies: If people have this self-management, they need less motivation from the outside, because they have practically in themselves.
Which makes it much easier for managers. Leadership then means simply accompanying the natural process and intervening on a case-by-case basis when necessary.
Text as PDF, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Book on the topic with discount: This text is also available in book form and you can buy the title here in two languages. You can also preview the book first look at and then purchase directly on the book page with a 20 percent member discount.
German edition: ISBN 9783965960343
English version: ISBN 9783965960350 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).