All parties must be heard
Healthy leadership aims to have the needs of the individual, the team, the entire company and the environment in view.
This does not mean that all wishes are always fulfilled. It is crucial that all those who value it are given careful consideration and are listened to equally, instead of the needs of a boss counting more than those of an employee. Those who embark on this path want to focus on the soul of their company or team, i.e. the people.
Get to know the company better in the change process
I have often noticed that a surprisingly large number of employees are only familiar with their company through the joint process of change so that they are subsequently able to gain more insight into the decisions that are needed to secure the company. From this point onwards, they are less likely to suspect measures against them personally.
In order to keep the participation of as many people as possible and to keep time in balance, new decision-making methods for large groups are needed. I use systemic consensus.
What is systemic consensus?
When all stakeholders think and communicate more consciously and responsibly, there is a different system of coexistence. In this way, entrepreneurial responsibility can be spread over the entire area of the company.
Allow me to take a comparison from nature. The company form of the future is comparable to a starfish. These organisms are characterized by the fact that each individual leg of a starfish can again produce a complete new starfish - because every leg has all the abilities and information that makes the entire organism viable.
Classic management concepts
Classic leadership concepts, which result from a leadership qua power word from top to bottom or sit and hold still, which, without alternative, give the employees a specific goal, firmly define processes, closely monitor results and reduce them to numbers, Sense with an eye on the fulfillment of their employees will only be successful in a few areas.
After the phases of the sometimes dehumanized increase in efficiency in the economy with the result of pure profit-making, signs of a new economic culture have appeared on the horizon for some time.
5 steps to voice employees
Below we look at some basic steps of healthy communication that can help you “live together” in the company or in your environment on a daily basis. Because if you want to introduce more democratic participation in a company, you can't just decide, but have to proceed step by step. The 5 most important steps at a glance.
- Basic analysis: Clarification of the status quo: What awareness is there today for values, goals, visions, philosophies, togetherness, responsibility, strategies and structures in our community / company? How is leadership perceived? What are the "hot topics" currently? Where are the development potentials and markets? How do we want to align, what do we not want (which markets, which contracts, which customers)?
- Education and training: of all managers on the basis of the business themes recognized in the basic analysis (point 1): to develop awareness, values, old patterns of thinking, train new attitudes, new language, listen and demand to reach common goals on new paths. Continuous construction of an attitude full of care, indeed of service. Training of special communication and feedback competences with a sense of need.
- Training of employees: Self-acceptance, self-responsibility and co-responsibility, ability to discuss and clarify, sincerity without moaning and complaining, empathy, constructive participation instead of over or against each other, awareness of one's own needs and that of the entire organism, gratitude, flexibility and potential development.
- Redesign of meetings, Conferences as well as hiring and termination talks with (potential) employees.
- Introduction of new decision-making processes: and structural changes where they are helpful and necessary; Training of ambassadors in the company.
Conclusion: Democratization of companies - not easy, but worthwhile!
It must have become clear that the democratization of companies is not always easy and requires some restructuring and changes in corporate culture.
But who goes this way will be rewarded with clearly activating and decision-making employees.
Text as PDF, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Book on the topic with discount: This text is also available in book form and you can buy the title here in two languages. You can also preview the book first look at and then purchase directly on the book page with a 20 percent member discount.
German edition: ISBN 9783965961562
English version: ISBN 9783965961579 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).