Job security is lost piece by piece
Trade unions are often unpopular with strikes in Germany, such as paralyzing train traffic or ensuring that kindergartens remain closed. But despite all the trouble: the right to strike, unions and works councils are weapons that workers in tough clashes with Company have fought for. And guarantee a certain security.
And that is precisely what is being lost piecemeal - globalization, increasing flexibility in the world of work, softening of rights such as protection against dismissal and disempowerment of trade unions and works councils.
Termination can be any meeting
This can lead to a dismissal today. But this simple statement is of little comfort to those affected: the loss of the job is not only a financial problem, which is often cushioned by state aid.
It is also often associated with social stigmatization, sometimes even with the loss of the colleagues 'and friends' circle. No wonder the loss of the job for many is still a big shock.
Shock and stigma
This is especially true for those who would never have expected it in life, and then, in spite of seeming certainty, be dismissed from today to tomorrow. Just one still went to his daily business and now one is sitting opposite the boss, who makes one with sober words that he in the future, the labor force of the person (s) concerned. But how to deal with this situation correctly?
Everything changes suddenly from one minute to the next. Even if that's not so easy to grasp - it's definitely a shock.
So advises Best of HR – Berufebilder.de®Coach and coach Isabel Nitzsche, to wait for the first rage to get lost. For anger and anger should be kept better in such moments:
"Admit that you are in shock and do not do anything at first. You are too dizzy to be able to make sound decisions. If you go on a confrontational course, your boss will defend against it and that will only reduce the basis for future negotiations on the conditions of your departure. "
Do not sign anything!
For the crisis expert, one thing is especially important: "Do not sign anything in such a situation, let alone a cancellation agreement. Because its agreements are binding and can not be reversed by you later! "
Anyone who wants to sue his dismissal has three weeks to do so. No reason, therefore, to let the employer be put under pressure, when, for example, the signing of a cancellation agreement goes. Nitzsche explains:
"Wait in peace, until the first shock and you can reasonably clear thinking again. Then you can discuss with trusted people of your choice, your partner, friends, a coach and a lawyer. Aside from factual issues that need to be clarified, talking helps to better handle the shock. "
Prepare for dismissal
But even in advance you can prepare for a possible termination: Since today everyone should expect to lose his job again, you should make sure that the resume is a salable product at all times - preferably, by constantly thinking about it Informs what qualifications are needed in the job market. Coach Isabel Nitzsche advises:
"If you check the job market in the newspaper and job boards on the internet every four weeks, you'll get a good overview. If one's own qualification is no longer wanted, it is necessary to make corrections as soon as possible and to further develop professionally. "
11 tips for job loss and re-entry
The fact is: a notice can hit anyone today - fast, hard and painful. Because who loses his job, must first cope with the shock. 10 tips on how to react in case of a case and how to get out of unemployment again in a job.
- Digest the shock: Give yourself a few weeks to digest the first shock. Only then can you think about what you should do now?
- Do not feel ashamed: Unemployment is still seen as a shortcoming in Germany due to social reasons. She is completely normal. And you are not to blame. So no reason to be ashamed.
- Search information: Look for information about job vacancies, potential employers and current application procedures.
- Stay realistic: The situation on the labor market has deteriorated rapidly in recent years. Adjust your demands to the current situation.
- Make contacts: Whether on the Internet or in the professional and private environment: the exchange with others helps to better deal with the situation. And maybe a new job will come out of it.
- Be patient: Even if you sometimes have the impression that nothing is going on, patience is important when looking for a job. After all, all measures do not always lead to success.
- Be self-confident: Be aware of your abilities and goals and carry this self-confidently outward.
- Just do not lose heart and despair: If you whine about discouraging, it will discourage contacts and potential employers. Better: show commitment. Especially on the job search optimism is important.
- Stay on the ball: Even if it is difficult and expensive: Do not give up is the most important thing when it comes to unemployment.
- Be offensive: Tell other people about your job search. They show that you can handle the topic well.
- Take unusual paths: For example, by starting your own blog, setting up your own initiative or else becoming active. Often one comes over detours to the new job!
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).