New job - and now?
Understandably, you can hardly wait to take on the new challenge after the job is approved. Thoughtfully you have your old one Company already left and would like to immediately jump on the new task.
However, before you finally leave the old employer, you should take a few important points.
8 Tips for a successful finish
- Is your new employment contract signed? Do not really give notice until your employment contract has been signed. Check very carefully whether all items that should be included have really been listed. Also check whether the agreed additional clauses are anchored.
- Think about the timely termination! Work certificate has been signed, now it is time to cancel the current company. Make sure you have a timely notice. To this end, I recommend you to send the notice by registered mail or in the sense of the good cooperation personally.
- Say goodbye to your colleagues! Just put things together and go ... No, this shouldn't be your style. Say goodbye to your colleagues. Remember, you always meet twice in a lifetime. Either you go to your colleagues, shake hands and with a little small talk you leave a conciliatory trail or you invite your colleagues, be it breakfast in the office or dinner in the restaurant.
- Clear your work area! Do not leave anything personal, including yours eMails. Delete everything your successor does not need immediately.
- Return your work! Do not forget to return all business documents and equipment that are still in your possession. Remember, trade secrets remain in the old business and are banished from your mind.
- Leave your customer contacts in the company! You are not allowed to take any customer files with you, even if you have served the customer as the only person. Inform your customers about your job change as soon as this is relevant to him. Inform him about how it is going now and who is the new contact person.
- Please pay attention to your social media account! Is your social media account a hybrid? Do you have a private account with which you can also manage and address business contacts? Of course, your company has a right to surrender business correspondence. However, your company will not be able to justify surrendering the entire account. You can of course continue to use private contacts. Create clarity with your old employer and make contractual arrangements.
- Think of your testimony! Discuss the subject of references with your current HR department and those responsible. Prepare a testimonial. If you hold your testimonial and are unsure, be sure to have it checked immediately. Everyone has a right to a benevolent testimony.
Tomorrow I will give you important facts for a successful start in the second part.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Read customer feedback and buy a book on this topic at a discount: Do you like this text and want to read more information about it? Buy the right book including this text, buy it here in two languages, as a member even with a 20 percent discount. Would you like to take a look at the book first? You can do this by previewing the book look at and then purchase on the book page.
German edition: ISBN 9783965963849
English version: ISBN 9783965963856 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).