Job offers are applications from the developer
Through our daily interactions with developers, we know that most are not actively looking for a new job. You have to be convinced of a change. The job posting becomes a Casting at the developer. For this reason, you should not leave a line unused and above all, show that you are familiar with the profession and the working world of the developers.
If a candidate has the feeling that you are unfamiliar with the subject, suspecting that you are just hiding behind empty phrases or even being bored while reading your ad, your chance is lost.
7 Tips for compelling job offers from developer
Since the communication between HR department and current developers always leads to difficulties, we have in the following 7 tips for convincing job ads from the developer's view compiled.
- How to start a good job posting? But how do you start a good job ad? The first step in the search for candidates is always to define the requirement profile precisely: what are we looking for, what does the new entry have to bring? Which qualifications are not compulsory but only desirable advantages? Once you know who you are looking for, put yourself in the position of the reader - what arguments do you provide that lure you into a new career path in your business?
- Do not use generic job titles: By this we mean general and meaningless titles. The title of the advertisement must immediately make it clear which position with which level of experience and which specification, ie programming language, is sought. Names like "Rockstar", "Ninja" or "High-Performer" have no place in an advertisement. The focus can also be specified, such as fintech or mobile developers. Like many others, developers have little time and scan ads rather than taking the minutes to read them. It is important to clearly state what is being sought.
- Dispense with phrases and marketing language: Do not explain to the developer what a developer is doing. Specifically, this means: No phrases and not too exaggerated marketing language. The fact that “digitization has arrived” gives the reader the impression that your company is just taking on the topic instead of being at the forefront. Rather express yourself artificially and write it as if you wanted to explain the job to a colleague or a friend. Authenticity is the key to the job interview, which is what you expect from applicants in the job interview.
- Avoid a too small circle of applicants: Niche technologies are very valuable and experts in certain areas are scarce. But do not limit your search for these employees yourself by writing only this rare technology in your listing. A very good developer knows how to get used to new languages quickly. Even if the candidate is not perfect in your eyes, you can invest in the new employee's training and build it up.
- No spongy job descriptions: It is important that you describe the actual tasks and how the applicant's skills fit into the advertisement and do not write inaccurately about any “exciting challenges” or “innovative technologies”. Instead, speak in your advertisement about everyday work and the specific challenges that your company has. Which tasks are routine, what will the potential new entrant deal with on a daily basis, what are his special tasks?
- Refrain from repetitions: All too often it happens that one is repeated in the text and expresses only differently what has already been written. Instead, take advantage of the limited space and emphasize more specifically what their company offers the applicant and do not write down on what any other company has. Use the space to work out the benefits of employment in your company. Are there further training opportunities or time for your own projects? This is something convincing!
- Let other developers read the text: At the end, a tip: Let an employee from your team read your text. Best a developer or future colleague. Does he understand what it is? If he would apply for the job, you did everything right.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Read customer feedback and buy a book on this topic at a discount: Do you like this text and want to read more information about it? Buy the right book including this text, buy it here in two languages, as a member even with a 20 percent discount. Would you like to take a look at the book first? You can do this by previewing the book look at and then purchase on the book page.
German edition: ISBN 9783965960121
English version: ISBN 9783965960138 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).