When intros and extros meet
But how does it look when Intros and Extros meet each other? Are, for example, intros or extros the better leaders?
Science then gives a solid researched answer: it all depends - on the environment. An 2011 published study shows who is successful on average where:
How are intro-supervisors?
In comparison to Extros, intro managers can achieve better results with employees who value freerooms and self-responsibility. You are:
- reliable and predictable:
- ensure trust and safety
- stay calm in the stress
- predictable and calculated
- provide support
- promote own initiative:
- does not feel threatened when - motivated unsafe employees employees act independently
- can refrain well from your own ego
- encourages ideas, likes self-motivated personalities in the team
- is empathic:
- has understanding for others
- encourages understanding among others
- is focused and focused:
- ensures effectiveness
- is result-oriented
- takes time to think
- also develops complex:
- analyzes and incorporates as many facts as possible
- secures orientation
- develops ideas most preferably in writing and in peace
- remains persevering in the matter
How are extro superiors?
Extro supervisors are themselves more successful in environments that tend to direct the implementation of orders and a more hierarchical management style. You are:
- dynamic and enthusiastic:
- provides impulses and movement
- makes quick decisions
- appreciates fast communication
- the team can win for visions
- creates clear conditions:
- take responsibility
- motivates uncertain employees with clear statements on action
- shows openly what he or she stands for
- shares ideas with pleasure
- may be loyal personalities in the team
- is actively involved in conflicts:
- clarifies the mood
- Heikles speaks directly
- secures the workability of the team
- sets clear boundaries
- is flexible:
- reacts quickly to new information
- revised decisions if necessary
- can handle "fast cuts" well
- is energetic:
- changes strategies if necessary
- packs things resolutely
- develops ideas most preferably verbally and in exchange with others
- can also act with speed and under stress
Who has what role?
This study suggests that the head chef of a restaurant or the executive officer of a special service group in the Nordirak is virtually extroverted, while the CEO of a business consultancy or a leadership at Google can rather score with their introverted characteristics.
The overview you see here shows typical strengths of Intro and Extro executives. Keep in mind when reading that people are mixtures of intro and extro features. So you can find yourself in your own strengths on the "other side" ...
Your strengths will make your leadership success
Which of the features can you register for yourself? The list may be critical to you. Successful executives make the most of their own potential.
You can complete your list with more Success Factorswho make a good leader, but have nothing to do with intro and extroversion. Goal-oriented, ambitious, the pursuit of influence and change, the need for acceptance in the team and the ability to motivate others: That can be a quiet Chancellor as much as an extrovert company CEO.
However, one thing is certain: typical extrostics such as a charismatic personality or enthusiasm have evidently been over-estimated for a long time.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).