Light and shadow
Today it is about the shadows, which can typically come with every personality. Also with your - especially if you are not aware of the deficits. People now simply tend to assume that they communicate as they are, because the needs of others simply remain in the blind spot.
So you can use this overview as a personal totewinkel spotlight. Another usage option is a new look at your supervisor (s): If you think your Intro boss is draining you, it may be a quiet collaboration that does not annoy him. And if your Extro supervisor is constantly throwing decisions and making new ones, she's likely to find that dynamic and flexible from her own point of view ....
Deficits of executives
The deficits you find listed here have confirmed several studies. So you really are not meant personally. Make something of it!
- are too yielding:
- does not clarify the rules and does not insist on their compliance
- work and decisions can be imposed
- leadership roles are not always true when it is necessary and let things run
- are too withdrawn:
- shows too little presence in the team
- retires too often
- gives too little feedback
- the team often feels alone
- avoids conflicts:
- is afraid to address conflicts and delicacies
- strives for too little clarification and solution in stressed situations
- is too fact-fixed:
- sets numbers and results before feelings and relationships
- are too hard:
- wants to hold the reins himself in the hand
- self-titled estimate only conditionally
- wants to be powerful and invests a lot in the self-presentation (status-thinking)
- is too present:
- can easily be distracted from the importance of the presence
- controls the team too strongly
- there is no room
- listens too little, looks a little
- makes other opinions too little
- makes its own assessment binding
- is too impulsive:
- acts out of the belly, especially with impatience
- can be prone to attacks
- has problems to record information without a quick judgment
Leadership has many reasons!
Sovereign executives look to their strengths and weaknesses. This is precisely why they develop their own style and find their own means to do their job well. And they help their teams to do the same.
Finally, something important: Take a look at the Success Factors for a good leadership that has nothing to do with intro and extroversion. Goal-orientation, ambition, the pursuit of influence with one's own performance, the need for acceptance in the team and the ability to give impulses to others: All this can be done by a quiet top politician as well as an extroverted corporate boss - with their own resources. One thing is certain: Typical Extro-features such as a charismatic personality or enthusiasm were obviously long overestimated.
Text as PDF, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Book on the topic with discount: This text is also available in book form and you can buy the title here in two languages. You can also preview the book first look at and then purchase directly on the book page with a 20 percent member discount.
German edition: ISBN 9783965960602
English version: ISBN 9783965960619 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).