The job that suits me
Often they report that they are looking for one Company or a job that suits you, almost as if it were tailored to you personally.
This requirement that the profession should be suitable for one's own life must not be understood as the excessiveness of young employees. It is simply due to the fact that generation Y has been used to it since early childhood that things can be individually adapted to them.
What are the requirements of the employee?
For this reason it is very important when selecting young employees to ask exactly what requirements they have on your company.
- What is their respective life situation to which your body should fit?
- What do they find appropriate for themselves?
The employee has to fit in the job
An examination of the fit is therefore based on the fact that you can assess whether the position fits your life today by asking the current life situation of your candidate. But it is not just for the candidate that the position must be appropriate. The respective life situation of the candidate must also be suitable for you and your company.
If you are looking for a person for a position that always involves a high level of travel, it makes sense to make this clear in the selection interview to see if the candidate has made himself aware of this and if he is interested in the job even under this condition ,
How to find out what your candidate wants
Below you will find some sample questions to find the requirements that a candidate presents:
- What expectations / wishes do you have for your future employer so that the job suits you / your current life situation?
- What does an optimal working week look like for you?
- What are the basic conditions of an activity in our company that are motivating / demotivating for you?
- Under which working conditions are you capable of maximum performance?
- What conditions did you lack for your professional satisfaction in the past?
- How does an optimal workplace look for you (eg working hours, equipment etc.)
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).