The question should have nothing to do with the job
Ask your candidates questions that are not clear or correct. Confront them, for example, with controversial topics, for example speed limits on German highways, smoking ban in pubs, genetically modified food, organ donation etc.
Keep in mind that it is not the actual opinion of the candidate. To ensure this, you should address only controversial issues that are not related to the future field of activity.
What to look for
This means, please do not ask your candidate for speed limits if you want to hire a technician for racing cars.
Likewise, you should not question a potential transplant medician for his attitude to organ donation. This would not meet the objective of the question.
For example, ask your candidates about the following topics:
- What do you think of the introduction of speed limits on German motorways?
- What is your opinion on the non-smoking law in German pubs?
- What do you think of zoos?
- What do you think about Arnold Schwarzenegger's performance as Governor of California?
- What do you think about that Thomas Gottschalk no longer bets that ... moderates?
- In Munich there is a psychoanalytic kindergarten. Would you like to go there?
- What is the best invention in the world?
- What is the greatest achievement of mankind?
- What is the best sport at the Olympic Games?
- In your opinion, how long should a movie be in the cinema when one speaks of excess length?
- You probably know the slogan: Raider is now called Twix. If we rename that again, what's it called?
- How do you find it when the supervisor, together with his co-workers, makes one?
- What is your opinion about social networks?
- What do you think of Apple products?
- Are you worried about the plasticizer in plastic?
- What are your views on genetically modified foods?
- How do you think about organic food?
- How do you find children's playgrounds?
- Why do you think the donkey always calls himself first?
- In your opinion: Who should punish life?
- What do you think why eat Chinese dogs?
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).