Digital transformation means organizational change
Cloud Technology, Internet of Things or Big Data Analytics: Many Company still believe that they can cope with the digital transformation simply by introducing modern tools. But networking technologies and new apps, devices and systems are at best a tool in the digital transformation. In fact, digital transformation for businesses is primarily about changing their overall organization, thinking, and working. The flexible, often only project-related cooperation across team, company and industry boundaries presents them with constantly growing challenges. Finally, this also requires completely new forms of cooperation.
Many corporate executives are intuitively aware of the fact that traditional management models have failed. This is especially true of the old-established, (still) successful groups. After all, young, agile start-ups from Silicon Valley or Siliconallee are nowadays aggressive competitors in almost all industries - from the telecommunications sector to the automotive industry, to the increasingly fierce competition in the healthcare sector. The advantage of the new digital attackers: Agile, lean work using modern methods such as design thinking or rapid prototyping belongs to their DNA. They simply do not need a transformation - they have always been digital.
Interim managers are not just fire extinguishers
The pressure on established companies will continue to increase because we do not know what's right in this unstable situation. The "new" is not yet so far - and the "old one" is still there, because we are in a transitional situation. Disruptive thinking is therefore a survival factor for future success in the context of the new industrial revolution - not just as a method, but above all on the executive level.
But what does this mean for corporate executives who have proven themselves in the old world, but realize that their success is stagnating? For traditional restructuring, interim managers are often sought, which are often selected by interim management providers for specific customer requirements. These experts have repeatedly demonstrated in a number of different projects that they can quickly and surely get a company back on track.
6 tips for the future of work
In order to successfully influence and implement digital changes in companies, interim managers can accelerate this transformation process effectively. Their focus is not on the optimization of production processes or portfolio adjustments, a cliché with which Interim Manager often connects.
Rather, they can help establish exactly the disruptive leadership culture that is so necessary for the successful change in digital transformation. What makes these managers stand out, what does it matter, and how can they support corporate executives in the digital world? Six hypotheses how interim managers can successfully accompany digital transformation.
- Interim managers for digital transformation focus on HR management. They understand complex organizational contexts and can bring their experiences from different cultural change projects contextually and purposefully.
- As a "trusted advisor" you work on an equal footing with the decision-makers. They are both sparring partners for the transformation as well as an energetic implementer. You have a role as a coach and as an operational manager, who can implement agile leadership principles in a practical way with the employees in the organization.
- As self-employed entrepreneurs, they are independent consultants who do not have to pursue policies on their own behalf. They have no past and no future in the company and therefore can concentrate with their energy on their demanding task.
- Interim managers know unstable company situations from their own experience in their projects. Therefore, they quickly make effective decisions and, in addition to their technical competence, have the ability to successfully prevail over preventers and preservers in difficult business situations. They have a high degree of personal responsibility and can work together with all personalities within the organization in a target-oriented and solution-oriented manner.
- They are safe in dealing with insecurity. Through creativity and the use of knowledge, they are able to develop and implement jointly effective solutions within their internal and external networks.
- They help decision-makers to evolve as disruptive leaders by providing a healthy balance between deterministic, transactional, and charismatic, transformative leadership in the process of change.
Interim managers are constantly exposed to new market changes in their jobs. They are knowledge workers for the challenges of the future and have internalized project-specific work in constantly changing company contexts for many years. In particular, companies that require a fresh-house network in the context of digital transformation should therefore seriously consider the use of an interim manager.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).