Even take the initiative
Fast 40 percent of German employees find the start in a new work week in their current job so bad that they want another workplace. So the result of a mood image, the monster could draw with the responses of 150 users in an online survey.
For some employees, it is high time to take the "dream job" project into their own hands and start a better future career. But the job ad to the dream position is currently not tendered? An unsolicited application offers you the opportunity to attract the desired employer directly to you and possibly get the perfect job.
6 Tips on how to successfully take a new professional path with your own initiative:
- Research is everything: When you have found a company that you really want to work for, you collect as much important information as possible. If, for example, you are researching the right contact persons and addresses, you can send your unsolicited application to the right place. Or determine if there are currently vacancies in other divisions. If the company is currently not looking for new employees in general, there may be a hiring freeze and your initiative may be unsuccessful. A first telephone call with the company can clarify possible questions, eg which documents or which form of the Casting are desired. In addition, it gives you the opportunity to establish contact with the company. And if you know a colleague of this company personally, so much the better. Include in your letter also on the recommendation of the internal contact.
- Emphasize technical strengths and add value: Let your muscles play - of course only subject-related. Show your qualifications and what you can offer the company in this position. Thanks to your extensive research, you know what the potential employer attaches importance to and which qualifications are particularly in demand. Therefore, put your talents and experiences, which can offer concrete added value for the company, into the forefront of your CV. But stay realistic and authentic. Above all, mention projects and achievements that demonstrate that you have expertise in a field that is relevant to the company and the job you are looking for. Because here you have to sell something that the company did not even know it would need: you as a new employee.
- Personal note: For all your expertise and know-how, however, do not forget your personality. Personnel want to hire not only over-workers, but people who fit the culture of the company. So show your social skills, your style of work and your qualities - in a sensible, profitable relationship to the future wish place.
- Get to the point: Avoid phrases like "I'd like to apply for a position in your home ..." - you will not win a bunch of flowers and certainly not the attention of the staff member. Instead, your cover letter must express your motivation for the future position and make it clear to the employer why he should hire you, even if he is not actually looking. Get to the heart of it quickly and describe your current background (position, qualifications and what makes you look for a new future and challenge). But do not write any reflection essays. Give your counterpart what you want and what you have to offer. The cover letter should be short and crisp and should not exceed 1-2 pages. In general, the unsolicited application is as short as possible - as long as necessary!
- To attract attention Consider whether a failed application might be a good idea. Especially in creative occupations you can show by a deviation from the standard, which potential is in one. It does not have to be the same as billboards or webpages, but one look at the Internet shows many examples that have given candidates for a WOW effect.
- A good figure, on all channels: Before submitting your unsolicited application, you should update your online presence in job portals and on job platforms. And also take a critical look into your social networks - what information do you give and what is not intended for the general public? Because nothing disqualifies you faster than disagreeable / inappropriate data as well as gaps or contradictions to professional experience and qualifications.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).