Styling for midsummer days
At temperatures of 30 degrees and above, she would like to walk out of the house only with shorts, top and flip-flops or a short hanging dress, her face washed with cold water and unpainted, her hair only air-dried after a shower in the morning.
But beyond the lake, the beach or the swimming pool, a casual leisure look is quickly underdressed. Because clothing expresses its value and its awareness of a well-groomed overall appearance. From the clothing or uniform customers, colleagues and employees can draw conclusions.
Why dress code makes sense with 38 degrees
At the same time, the employee always represents this as well Companyhe or she works for. Even though there is at least one casual Friday in many companies that is being used even in hot temperatures:
More and more companies are returning to the proven dress code to provide a consistent look and feel, and to more clearly distinguish between work and casual wear to emphasize the working atmosphere.
Clear clothing rules are an advantage
Because it is also advantageous for the employees if there are clear clothing rules. This prevents having to lead afterwards annoying discussions. Of course, there is the possibility to set special rules for hot days.
Only small freelancers, freelancers or employees in their own home office have it better: Here are the Internet actually many to the benefits of this professional group, who can even work barefoot or underwear in this heat.
But beware, sometimes a sense of working does not even come up and at the latest in videoconferences, the dress code should be respected again.
2 X 5 tips for the summer outfit of style experts
Therefore, whether home office, office, customer appointments or even private: With these outfit and styling tips from two experts, you are always on the safe side, without breaking a sweat.
Helmut Bayer, founder of the Munich fashion label OSKA:
- The higher the thermometer climbs, the more annoying sticking tight garments to the body. Better are casual-airy outfits that play around the silhouette - from the top, where sweat stains under the armpits can be avoided by wide cuts, to trousers in loose Marlene Dietrich, extravagant Savon or Caleçon style.
- Synthetic fibers quickly feel uncomfortably wet when it gets warm. Suitable on summer days are natural materials such as cotton, lyocell or cool linen. The latter wrinkles easily, but ugly folds can be concealed by embroidery or fabric patterns.
- Ten degrees of temperature difference is not uncommon as soon as indoor air conditioners are used in enclosed spaces, cars or trains. A small jacket made of cotton or a great cloth made of linen or cotton prevent goosebumps or even colds on thin outfits.
- Colorful in the spring and summer, otherwise rather covered - nobody has to stick to these color recommendations. Because what is allowed is what suits the personal type and pleases. Even black does not speak in midsummer, but is best made of linen because of its cooling properties.
- Leather bags are sturdy year-round companions that can withstand rain showers. Cotton bags can now be worn on hot days. Because they hardly weigh anything and are in good mood colors or have patterns that fit perfectly with any outfit.
Bibi Horst from the Life and Style blog Chocolate years
- Less is more on warm summer days. Suitable as opaque creams are so-called fluids in this season. Because of their high level of moisture, they are easy to spread on the skin and give the complexion uniformity, without acting maskenhaft.
- Patent recipe against a shiny face is powder. Especially easy to use on the way are Oil-Control Blotting Paper Powder Cloths by Shiseido. They not only absorb excess fat and dull the skin, they also have an antibacterial effect against impurities.
- The right dose is what decorative make-up is all about. The eyes are restrained with subtle eyeliner, some mascara and a little color on the eyelids. Even perfume is used sparingly, but the mouth with lipstick is an eye-catcher.
- Under a spectacle frame pearls sweat droplets very quickly. This effect can be avoided with contact lenses. For a similar ventilation effect updos provide. With them neck and shoulders remain noticeably cooler, instead of sweating under long hair.
- Fat deposits on the skin at high temperatures as a disturbing film. In the morning, instead of day cream, a high-quality, mattifying serum provides concentrated skin with valuable active ingredients. In the evening she comes as usual with a rich night care at their expense.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).