The merit decides
In the case of a job during the semester, the merit or the temporal extent determine whether contributions to regular health insurance are due for employees or not. The following are all possible options:
- During the lecture period, they do not spend more than 20 hours a week: There is no insurance obligation in the health care, nursing and unemployment insurance. However, contributions to the pension insurance are due if the earnings exceed 400, - Euro per month. Half of the contributions are paid by employers and employees. If the earnings are between 400,01 Euro and 800,00 Euro (Gleitzone), the employee share is calculated from a linearly reduced amount. Within this sliding zone the social security contributions are calculated progressively using a formula. As a result, the employee pays less than his usual share and therefore receives a higher net fee. Taxation is individual.
- They work during the current semester at no more than 20 weekly hours and during the semester breaks without limiting the weekly working hours: The same applies as above.
- During the lecture period, they spend more than 20 hours a week: now, social insurance contributions are also payable for health care, long-term care insurance and unemployment insurance. Exceptions: The job is limited to a maximum of two months by the parent or is designed in such a way that the work is done mainly on weekends or in the evening or night hours.
- In the course of 365 days (several years), you have several jobs with a working time of more than 20 weeks per week and are more than 26 weeks in total: Now you have become an employee under insurance law, the student status will certainly fall back on the insurance obligation to all branches there is nothing more to be defaulted on social insurance.
- Employees who take up their studies in addition to their permanent employment generally remain subject to social insurance. Unless the monthly salary is reduced to not more than 400, - Euro. Compulsory insurance also exists if you are on leave as a worker for the duration of your studies, with continued payment of wages - but only if these monthly payments exceed 400, - Euro.
No matter how much money you earn and how many hours you work, you are, apart from course, from student health insurance, health insurance, unemployment insurance and unemployment insurance, and do not need to pay contributions if the job is limited to the lecture-free period ,
With the pension insurance it looks somewhat different. The exception is that you can not earn more than a monthly 400, - Euro. The above-mentioned regulation applies to marginal workers.
There are special arrangements for internships, which are prescribed in study or examination regulations. Those who, on the other hand, do a voluntary internship, like most, are insured in the pension insurance, irrespective of the amount of the internship remuneration. On the other hand, he remains a student insurance (or in the family insurance), insofar as the internship is not paid.
In full-time internships during the lecture period, which are not mandatory, the student health insurance expires, even if nothing is paid - then yes not studied! Then you are tax and social security law as a normal worker. If an internship remuneration has been agreed, the employer must report you to the tax office and pay income tax, and pay social security contributions to the health insurance. Depending on how high the remuneration is, the special rules for mini-jobs may apply.
In the overview:
|total time||remuneration||Health, care and unemployment insurance||pension Insurance|
|under 20 hours per week||up to 400 Euro monthly||insurance prepaid||insurance prepaid|
|under 20 hours per week||from € 400,01||insurance prepaid||insurable (reduced contributions)|
|under 20 hours per week||about 800 Euro monthly||insurance prepaid||insurance|
|over 20 hours per week||under 800 Euro monthly||insurable (reduced contributions)||insurable (reduced contributions)|
|over 20 hours per week||about 800 Euro monthly||insurance||insurance|
Text as PDF, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).