Shavings of Happiness
"Luck is like wood shavings that fall off when you do the right thing!". This quote from former philosophy professor and lucky researcher Günther Bien puts it in a nutshell: who does the right thing is happy! But what is the right one? Which is the right job for you?
Without doubt, the one in which you as a professional permanently challenged, but do not feel overwhelmed. So a profession in which you can use your strengths fully and for positive Feedback experience. In motivational theory, this state is also known as flow. If these requirements are fulfilled in the job, you are not only permanently intrinsic, so motivated from the inside, your profession also makes you happy.
Do you have attachments to the seller?
Are you a salesperson or do you have the idea of becoming one? Very good! Then I would like to send in advance: The one ideal seller type in my eyes does not.
And yet, in sales and consultancy practices over 20 years, and in numerous salesrecruitings, the following sales characteristics have crystallized out as promising.
Checklist: Am I a good seller?
I would like to invite you to check how much you carry these attachments and how often you agree to these questions:
- Enthusiasm: Are you burning for your job and your product or are you basically someone's high enthusiasm? Do you have a winning charisma and do you like to put others together with your enthusiasm?
- Enjoy working with people: Do you like your customers and look forward to talking to them? Are you extroverted, sociable and open-minded?
- Strategic thinking: Analyze your customer's needs and find the right arguments for your product? Is it easy for you to penetrate even complex issues and to recognize a solution?
- Creativity and positive attitude: Are you always interested in a solution and willing to go new and unusual ways? Would you describe yourself as an optimist and do you see life more positively?
- Goal orientation and perseverance: never lose sight of the priorities and the conclusion? Do not let a customer's no-go, but rather feel it as an incentive?
- Self-Determination and Self-Control: Do you value your self-determination and take responsibility? Do you have a high self-motivation and a good self-reflection as well as a healthy self-confidence?
Trust in your strengths
If you have now said yes to at least three of the six terms, I strongly encourage you to seriously consider the profession of the seller or continue to exercise full conviction. Trust in your strengths, product know-how you can acquire and routine introduces itself by itself.
Of course, the salesman brings with him also thirsty stretches. Just then it is important to trust your talents and live out your salespersons. And, above all, the principle of resonance applies here: if you do your job satisfactorily and happily, you will attract exactly the same customers and thus become permanently happy.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).