Applicants - thanks to AGG also not smarter than before
In the past, many candidates with rejected candidates were happy to give a useful tip - à la "They are just too young for this job. Try it again in five years. "
Today, many people prefer to keep their mouth shut - because of the AGG. And the rejected candidate is not smarter than before. The reference to the reason for a rejection for the next job interview could have been of great help to him. The recruitment official says openly: "The AGG harms applicants. Because we can not give them honest feedback. "
Bizarre discrimination ends with comparison
Back to the "Ossi" case at Stuttgart Regional Court: The window-maker's personal assistant had already burnt his mouth when he had documented the applicant's provenance with a minus on their documents. Incidentally, the crucial mistake was not the appropriate note, but the fact that he - apparently inadvertently - had sent it back to the applicant!
In the claim for damages based on discrimination, the parties ultimately reached a settlement in court. The question - incidentally until today - remained unclarified whether the fact of originating from East Germany can already be compared to an independent ethnic group - and thus the AGG can actually be applied to "Ossis". Bizarrer is probably not.
Applicants do not learn why they were rejected
In order to avoid the charge of discrimination and compensation claims, companies are therefore more cautious in dealing with applicants than in earlier times. Rejected applicants no longer learn why they do not get a job. Critical data, for example, on disabilities, must not be provided by applicants in advance.
Where earlier in the interview a remark about the outfit of a candidate was usual, one focuses more strongly on which work the respective candidate can reliably afford in favor of the employer.
Know the background and do not throw the rifle into the grain
Applicants need to know such backgrounds in order to prepare better for a job interview. It's not so important how to apply properly. And also great checklists according to the motto "You have to do that, then you get the job" do not bring so much.
It is much more important to know the "why", namely the rules of the game behind the conversations, which are often unaware of the staff themselves.
But what is particularly important: Applicants should not immediately doubt your personality and not equal to your competence when they get cancellations. Do not visit tens of applicant seminars, do not go to therapy. Anyway, let out a good round of trouble after a rejection, continue to advertise, continue to look for ways in the job. And this is how it is done:
10 tips for the right application strategy
Repeatedly rejecting the Casting, 10 tips on how to do it better
- Use multiple channels: Never use only online networks, job opportunities or personal contacts, but all the possibilities of job hunting.
- Defining a dream company: Make a list: Where would you like to work? And why? Try it specifically with unsolicited applications.
- Practice Applying: Never start with your favorite company, but always with where you would not work at all. As a result, you can already gain experience.
- Prepare yourself: For example, to the question: "Why do you want to work for us." Or the employer knows your online profile.
- Imagine the company: Personnel screen your online profile? Collect online information about the company!
- Sell yourself offensively: Be active in networks, blogs or Twitter. If you are known, you will be recommended and gain new contacts. This greatly improves the chances of finding a job.
- Brevity is the soul of wit: Practice showing yourself in three to five minutes. For example, it takes a ride on a lift - and sometimes you just do not have more time.
- Stay true to yourself: Of course, you should present yourself well, but stay the way you are. Personnel hate missing authenticity.
- Do not take cancellations personally: Personnel are also only people with little time. Think: how would you behave in such a situation?
- Only no inhibitions: Even if you have had bad experiences: do not be afraid of the next application. Only those who continue and stay active find the right job.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).