How will our work environment look like tomorrow?
The leading international trade fair ORGATEC is exploring change in all its facets and is re-thinking work. In its theme areas "Contract", "Mobile", "Space" and "Office", the fair presents the entire world of work every two years and provides impulses for the design of inspiring work environments - in the office, at home and on the go. The ORGATEC, whose sponsor is the Industrial Association Büro und Arbeitswelt eV (IBA), will be part of the 25 this year. to 29. October 2016 held in Cologne.
The IBA represents the general, professional and economic interests of its 60 member companies, including manufacturers of office furniture, conference room facilities, bank facilities, etc. at national and international level.
Healthy behavior in the workplace is important
With this competition, Orgatec wants to support healthy behavior at the workplace. For those who move regularly, live healthier, are more creative and productive - not only in their free time but also in the workplace.
More than half of all employees and thus more than 20 million people work at least temporarily at an office workplace. But especially here is usually not enough moves. The German office worker spends most of his working time sitting - with an average working time of 35 hours a week this adds up to an average of 80.000 hours throughout his working life.
This is how the sweepstakes
In this case, a well-equipped workplace can help to promote the movement. This support furniture for standing up and a meaningful placement of the individual furnishings. If you stand for three hours a day, you burn around 3,6 kg of fat per year.
How motion-friendly is your workplace? Take the test and win an attractive ergonomic prize by telling in the commentary how your test failed - also anonymously, the main thing is to write yours eMailAddress in the field provided. Among all commentators, the prizes below will be raffled and notified by the editors.
Submissions for the comments are the 30. September. We will write the winners, who will then tell us the full address so that the winnings can be sent directly from Orgatec.
And there is something to win:
2. Price: element.x. Storage space with two design awards. 385 mm x 385 mm x 385 mm on design casters. Manufacturer: mausereinrichtungssysteme (www.mauser-moebel.de)
1. Price: Stand-Up. Clamped diagonally against the buttocks, the monopod becomes a dynamically movable tripod, revolving around the waist and letting the thoughts fly. Manufacturer: Wilkhahn (www.wilkhahn.de)
1. Most workstations are equipped with a swivel chair. There are various types of swivel chairs. While working, you are sitting on a swivel chair with ...
- ... rigid seat and rigid backrest. ☐ 0 points
- ... movable backrest that tends to lean backwards when leaning back. ☐ 1 point
- ... movable seat and backrest (tilt mechanism), which tilt backwards as a whole when leaning back. ☐ 1 point
- ... synchronous mechanics, where the seat and backrest lean backwards when the seat is back-restrained - in a ratio that is adapted to the body. ☐ 3 points
- ... a dynamic 3D seat that combines the characteristics of the synchronous mechanism with a flexible seat or backrest that is flexible for lateral movements. ☐ 4 points
2. Do you have a way to work standing up?
- Yes, I have a height-adjustable sit-stand work table. ☐ 4 points
- Yes, with a separate standing table, the height of which is adjustable. ☐ 2 points
- Yes, I have a desk / table top or stand-up container. ☐ 1 points
- No, at my workplace or in the immediate vicinity, I have no possibility to work standing up. ☐ 0 points
3. How big is your workplace? (Please select all relevant information.)
- The worktop of my desk is (at least) 160 cm wide and 80 cm deep. ☐ 1 point
- The area of the worktop is significantly larger than 160 cm by 80 cm. (There is an extra point for this) ☐ 1 point
- Under the desk there is ample freedom of movement for the legs. ☐ 1 point
- The total area of the workplace and the distance to colleagues are sufficiently large. ☐ 1 point
4. Where is your printer?
- Right in the workplace, I just have to turn around and get the printed pages. ☐ 0 points
- Workplace close, at a distance between 2 and 10 meters. ☐ 3 points
- More than 10 meters away from my own desk, but still on the same floor. ☐ 4 points
- On another floor. I have to run more than 50 meters, so try to go to the printer as rarely as possible. ☐ 1 point
5. If you want to discuss with colleagues spontaneously, which of the following options are available to you? (Multiple answers possible.)
- Right at my desk I have a bar table or a table top, where I can talk to my colleagues standing up. ☐ 1 point
- There is a meeting table away from my desk. ☐ 1 point
- There is lounge furniture that I can use for a brief meeting with colleagues. ☐ 1 Point There are ways to discuss your workplace with your colleagues. ☐ 1 point
- 16-20 points: Your workplace offers very good conditions for healthy work. These are good prerequisites for their creative performance and good work results. However, the working comfort and the possibility of movement can be further increased.
- 11-15 points: Their working environment is already motivating people to move, but there is still room for improvement here. So get up and walk around the office more often - why not take a look at the colleague personally to discuss a topic?
- 6-10 points: A healthy and efficient work is only conditionally possible at your workplace. To increase your movement, you should take the lunch break for a short walk. Also check what you or your employer can improve in your workplace. Already small measures, such as a few steps away from the printer, can help.
- 0-5 points: Unfortunately, your workplace in the office is not particularly easy to move. Find out to what extent your workplace complies with the current statutory regulations - and change this accordingly.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).