Creative and immaterial benefits increasingly popular
Additional benefits, especially benefits in monetary terms, play an important role, especially in large corporations in Germany - and the importance of these employee benefits continues to grow, as a study shows. The model of the so-called "fringe benefits" is often the American labor market.
Creative benefits are also widespread in the US. A prominent example of quaint additional services is Google, where the survivors of deceased employees continue to receive half the salary for ten years. In the US, however, supplementary benefits are also particularly relevant because the statutory claims on workers are significantly lower than in Europe and Germany, as a glassdoor study shows.
10 Examples of creative fringe benefits
But even on this side of the Atlantic, many employers are now additionally using creative, and partly also intangible, additional benefits in order to strengthen employee loyalty on an emotional level and to position themselves as an attractive employer for potential applicants. Flexible and very popular are flexible working hours and home office offers. Particularly fancy ideas offer the following ten Company from Germany and Europe:
- adjust: offers its employees a special kind of operation. Once a year, the Berlin app analysis company invites the entire workforce to spend a week on holiday together, for example to Mexico. The icing on the cake: The annual leave is not shortened by five days because Adjust employees can decide how much leave they take.
- Onefootball: from Berlin is the developer of a mobile football app and is also in the office design fully on the "nicest thing in the world". In addition to the obligatory table football, the employees have access to a public viewing arena for a real stadium feeling. And the crucial penalty shoot-out can also be replayed immediately, because a real goal on artificial turf invites you to the office kick.
- Adidas: offers its employees numerous additional financial benefits as a DAX Group. As an extra, the employees in Herzogenaurach are happy about celebrities and guest speakers at employee events. Among them were in the past no less than world champion Thomas Müller or world music star Pharrell Williams.
- Storck: is a traditional family business and supports its employees in childcare. Many companies now offer this assistance. The special feature here is that once a man is in need, the employees in Halle (Westf.) Can simply take their children to work and spend the day in the specially arranged family office, including games for the little ones.
- SoundCloud: In addition to the Berlin office, it also has offices in the US and London and recruits internationally. For the new employees, the music app developer has therefore set up a comprehensive relocation program, which not only financially supports the employees. Especially is the "New friends" promise: Who starts at SoundCloud, can be sure of the support of the new colleagues in settling in Berlin.
- Zausinger: from Munich offers his employees, among other things, hypnosis courses, to weaning for smokers. In addition there are other offers for personality development, also for non-smokers.
- The Body Shop: gives his staff in England five days' special leave per year to complete these volunteer work.
- Airbnb offers its staff in Dublin annually calculated around 1.800 Euro travel budget to explore the world.
- Opus: balances the rainy everyday life of its workforce in the South-German Bristol with its own villa in Italy. The employees of the service provider for recruiting solutions are free to visit them at any time to recharge the battery.
- Rackspace: has a heart for birthday children. The employees of the web host have vacated their day of honor.
Text as PDF, podcast, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly whole book with this text buy, read on.
On the topic with this text Buy a book with discount: Become Free member, then you can see the price with 20% discount. After purchase, you can download the ePub file. You prefer a printed book? Please click here! You can also see the book here.
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).