From the author:
What do employees demand from your bosses?
Many years ago I saw a poster in my son's daycare that deeply impressed me. I read it and thought, "Hold on!" The poster held up a mirror for me. I saw myself in that mirror as the father of a son who could say exactly the words that were on the poster:
"Demands of a child to his parents, educators and teachers" - by Lucia Feider. I read the sentences and swallowed. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, photographed the poster and took it home. I read the phrases again and again, thinking of my little son as well as my son.
Instructions for use
And then I thought of my employees and my company. I've changed the sentences. I adapted them to our work process. Now it is the twelve demands for a happy togetherness, which stand on a poster and hang in our company on the wall.
It is an instruction manual. I stand again and again in front of this poster and read the demands. I am thinking of myself and my employees. Although the fish stinks from the head first, and therefore everyone has to Chef to take hold of your own nose. But the employees as well.
12 Rules for a happy together
This is why my employees are always standing in front of the poster. The twelve demands point to both the boss and the employee.
Here you are:
- Do not spoil me
- Do not be afraid to remain firm in dealing with me
- Do not mess with me in the presence of others if it can be avoided
- Do not be stunned if you find out from third parties that I consider your decisions questionable
- Do not keep me from the consequences of my actions
- Do not always complain
- Do not make hasty promises. If you do not keep your promises, I feel terribly let down
- Do not be inconsistent
- Do not interrupt me and listen to me when I ask questions. Otherwise, I turn to others to solve my problems
- Do not laugh about my fears. They are terrifyingly real. But you can help me by trying to take me seriously
- Do not think it is under your dignity to apologize to me
- Do not try to pretend that you are perfect and infallible
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).