Obviously it is not that easy. Because every one of us always happens big and small embarrassments, whether we want to sink into the next hole. Me too - for example, that I just make it back on an important date but smooth, aplze on my clothes to aplizieren.
Crack point clothes
Apparently, clothing is the sticking point for many people - even if you do not accidentally walk around in a tunic. Personnel service provider OfficeTeam asked 1.300 managers in the US and Canada about their most embarrassing moments in their professional lives.
And most of them say that their own wardrobe is already a disaster: the speaker with an open trouser slit is in front of a big audience, his own shirt is accidentally worn on the left or you notice in the office that you have two different shoes or even the Slippers on.
Laughing fits and wrong ones eMails
But other examples also show how quickly a situation can become unpleasant: That would be laughing fits in meetings, colleagues about a colleague or the Chef blasphemers standing right behind them, personal mails that accidentally reach the wrong addressee or job placements that are sent to the wrong job applicant.
Also happens quickly: In the morning in the hustle and bustle with a wrong buttoned shirt go to work, get hiccup in a meeting due to excitement in a meeting or accidentally locked in the office.
Embarrassments on the net
Incidentally, in the age of social media such embarrassments have happened much faster - just think of how quickly you've just cut out the wrong tweet. Recently, someone tweeted, "Social media proves one thing: we're all just human beings." And one acquaintance remarked: "It is human."
The famous Streisand effect shows that it is fatal to want to iron out such misfortunes at any price. This is why they often attract more interest and make themselves ridiculous. Better: Just standing, working or laughing.
Five tips for dealing with embarrassments:
- To remain calm: In an embarrassing situation everyone would understandably want to run away. But it is better to remain calm, breathe through and then simply continue.
- To this end: Everyone has already happened a misfortune. Anyone who recognizes their own situation at an early stage, should take it with humor and, if possible, defuse the situation with an amusing sentence. This makes it easier for the colleagues to go to the agenda more easily.
- Show humor: It is best to carry the thing with humor, not to take yourself so seriously and to move to the agenda. Embarrassing slip-ups show that the colleague is only human. That's nice.
- Apologize: Whether blasphemed by a colleague who hears this, or a personal mail is sent to the wrong addressee - in both cases an apology is necessary.
- Keep working: No matter how uncomfortable the situation is, it's best not to talk about it for long. The faster the matter is over, the faster it is forgotten by others. Incidentally, and especially for the Internet.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).