Job security is lost piece by piece
The Lockler-Gewerkschaft has made itself very unpopular in Germany this year: with its constant strikes, it temporarily paralyzed a large part of the train traffic.
But despite all the trouble: the right to strike, unions and works councils are weapons that workers in tough clashes with Company have fought for. And guarantee a certain security.
And that is precisely what is being lost piecemeal - globalization, increasing flexibility in the world of work, softening of rights such as protection against dismissal and disempowerment of trade unions and works councils.
Termination can be any meeting
This can lead to a dismissal today. But this simple statement is of little comfort to those affected: the loss of the job is not only a financial problem, which is often cushioned by state aid.
It is also often associated with social stigmatization, sometimes even with the loss of the colleagues 'and friends' circle. No wonder the loss of the job for many is still a big shock.
Shock and stigma
This is especially true for those who would never have expected it in life, and then, in spite of seeming certainty, be dismissed from today to tomorrow. Just one still went to his daily business and now one is sitting opposite the boss, who makes one with sober words that he in the future, the labor force of the person (s) concerned. But how to deal with this situation correctly?
Everything changes suddenly from one minute to the next. Even if that's not so easy to grasp - it's definitely a shock.
So advises Best of HR – Berufebilder.de®Coach and coach Isabel Nitzsche, to wait for the first rage to get lost. For anger and anger should be kept better in such moments:
"Admit that you are in shock and do not do anything, you are too dizzy to be able to make sound decisions, and if you go on a confrontational course, your boss will fight it and this will only reduce the basis for future negotiations on the conditions of your departure. "
Do not sign anything!
For the crisis expert, however, one thing is especially important: "Do not sign a contract in such a situation, let alone a cancellation agreement, because its agreements are binding and can not be reversed by you later!"
Anyone who wants to sue his dismissal has three weeks to do so. No reason, therefore, to let the employer be put under pressure, when, for example, the signing of a cancellation agreement goes. Nitzsche explains:
"Wait in peace until the first shock comes and you can reasonably think clearly again, then you can discuss with trusted individuals of your choice, your partner, friends, a coach and a lawyer, apart from factual issues to clarify Talking helps to better handle the shock. "
Prepare for dismissal
But even in advance you can prepare for a possible termination: Since today everyone should expect to lose his job again, you should make sure that the resume is a salable product at all times - preferably, by constantly thinking about it Informs what qualifications are needed in the job market.
Coach Isabel Nitzsche advises: "If you check the job market in the newspaper and job boards on the Internet every four weeks, you will get a good overview." If your own qualification is no longer wanted, you have to make corrections as soon as possible and continue your education. "
10 tips at job loss
The fact is: a notice can hit anyone today - fast, hard and painful. Because who loses his job, must first cope with the shock. 10 tips on how to react in case of a case and what to look for.
- Open eyes! If you suspect that a contract is imminent, you can prepare yourself: pay attention to what is happening in your company, clarify smoldering conflicts - this helps to avoid unpleasant surprises.
- Only no actionism: Do not react out of anger or fear, but first think in peace and then proceed in a planned manner.
- Sign nothing: Often, during the break-up talk, there is already a cancellation contract ready on the table. Do not be put under pressure: whoever signs the cancellation contract can not change it later.
- Think time requested: Ask for time to think - at least for a few days. In the meantime, you should consult a lawyer for legal advice and seek advice.
- Only no self-pity: A time of mourning is required after a job loss. But do not waste time with unproductive self-reproaches, but rather with the help of a coach, consider whether you yourself have made mistakes and what you want to do differently in the future.
- They are not defenseless: Even if you feel overwhelmed by the job loss and feel that you are faced with the facts, make sure you can do something!
- Think positively: First write down everything negative about the situation. Ask yourself: "What can not I change myself?" and "What can I do about it?"
- Use any help: You do not have to stand it all by yourself. Look for support in private life. Husbands, partners, friends and family members can show you that you as a person are worth something without work. professional
- Searching for help: Often the family can only offer consolation. A coach can help with the reorientation after a crisis and in professional networks you can learn about new job opportunities.
- The settlement settles: A lawyer not only helps with a lawsuit, but advises you comprehensively on your rights - for example, when it comes to your severance pay: lawyers know which different factors can play a role in your individual situation and they know the currently valid legal provisions.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).