Why a Feel Good Manager?
Feel good management is on everyone's lips, but unfortunately often mocked as a good mood and cuddle course. The topic is definitely more sustainable.
Because the world of work is in a big change. In the future, unlike in the Industrial Age, you will be paid for your thinking. Creativity is increasingly becoming the key resource of the future. And work has to be fun to be good. This is where a Feel Good Manager helps.
Link between organization, employees and executives
How Best of HR – Berufebilder.de®-Assessant Anne Schüller so aptly describes, he acts as a link between the organization, employees and executives and is hereby responsible for a corporate culture-related topics and the well-being of the people. In addition a quote:
He takes care of the physical, mental and emotional fitness of the company, so that their performance remains at its peak. This function is cross-functional, not bound to a department. And it has both strategic and operational components. This is why she is much more than just a little coworker.
The topic further thought
It is exciting that Anne Schüller has thought the subject a good deal further and sees the Feel Good Manager as a decisive position for the future of the company.
It is therefore clear that the wire must be true to the management. Because who is on the road as an atmospheric representative of employees, inevitably reveals grievances.
14 Typical tasks of a Feel Good Manager
But what does the daily routine of a Feel Good Manager look like? Which typical tasks does he have to devote himself to practically every day? An overview.
- 1x weekly free, often self-prepared lunch for all.
- 1x monthly: Meet and Greet -> the focus is on the fun factor. Nice afterwork for everyone who feels like it
- 2x annual employee party (Christmas party and summer party)
- Organization of various events: eg football, various teamevents such as Lasertec / Paintball, Teambuilding measures
- Organization of regular yoga classes for colleagues
- Close co-operation with the Techniker Krankenkasse regarding workshops and company health management
- Weekly German classes for non-German-speaking colleagues
- Organization of the large selection of drinks in the office for all colleagues
- “All hands” meeting: weekly meeting with the board in which news, sales figures etc. are reported.
- (100%): 120%: 150%: 100%: 3%: daily lunch, 120%: Weekend trip to Mallorca for all colleagues ,
- Various employee surveys
- Set up a table tennis table in the lobby
- Organization of “Star Cards”: The names of individual employees end up in the pot due to certain outstanding achievements. Draw of the winner takes place quarterly. Possible prizes: wellness weekend, 3-course menu, etc.
- Organization of AndroidFIT: Sports offer for employees after work
More than fun manager
A Feel Good Manager is so much more than just a fun manager. Because as well Monika Krauss-Wildegger in an interview states:
Company Those who emphasize these aspects often do not want any further structural changes. Because that's what matters: Feel Good is a living corporate culture, drives topics and projects that are important to colleagues.
Labor Feel Good Manager
In this sense, the Feel Good Manager is and remains a tremendously exciting job profile! But what is really behind the trend job Feel Good Manager and how to make a career entry? An analysis.
An analysis by the Joblift Job Exchange, which has examined job advertisements, has found that the job market for Feel Good Manager promises secure employment: 93% of job advertisements are full-time, 82% permanent jobs.
Feel-good managers are sought especially in startups
In which companies are Feel Good Managers above all sought? The analysis also shows that only 18% of the advertisements are aimed at working students or interns.
Among the 33 companies looking for feel-good managers last year were 16 startups, six advertising and digital agencies, and four software and technology manufacturers. Only one big company was looking for a Feel Good Manager.
Organizing team events is the most common task
Furthermore, it can be stated that Feel Good Manager is not only responsible for teambuilding and a positive climate within the company. Instead, they often take on more responsibilities, including:
- Organization of events (17 nominations)
- Scheduling and travel bookings (13 entries)
- Reception support (13 mentions)
- Measures to increase the well-being of employees (13 mentions)
- On- and Offboarding (12 mentions)
- Purchase of office materials (12 mentions)
Surprisingly, about half of the job advertisements involve administrative, commercial or assisting activities. So the role of the Feel Good Manager does not always aim at immediate improvement of general wellbeing.
Well-being managers are often all-rounder
Especially in young companies, Feel Good Managers often take on tasks that affect different areas of the company.
This could also explain why large companies are less likely to search for Feel Good Managers: they occupy their tasks with various specialist personnel. In smaller companies, however, the feel-good manager sometimes acts as an all-rounder.
What conditions should you meet?
The analysis also shows that soft skills like an organization salary are more likely to emerge in the profile than a certain degree. So what are the prerequisites to fulfill this all-rounder position?
As regards the level of education and the desired work experience, little information is provided. Personal qualities, on the other hand, seem to play an essential role:
- Organization stall (21 mentions)
- Communication skills (15 mentions)
- Contact friendliness (15 mentions)
- Commercial training (14 mentions)
- Economics studies (12 mentions)
- Sympathetic and positive being (12 mentions)
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).