Guiding principles for feedback recipients
Make it clear whether you are currently "ready to receive" for Feedback are or not. If not, propose another time or place. As hard as it may be, first listen to the feedback giver and let him finish.
- Secure your understanding by asking: "What exactly do you mean by x?" This is where the technique of active listening comes into play. Only when you understand what the other one means can you react appropriately.
- Represent your view of things. Avoid doing so. No "yes, but ..." sentences
- Ask for alternative behavioral suggestions. "Which behavior would you find more suitable?"
- Close with feedback on the feedback. Tell us how you feel about the feedback and how you want to deal with it in the future. "That really surprised me now! I had not seen it like that before. Thanks for your feedback! Next time…"
10 Tips: This is how a constructive feedback conversation takes place
As in many areas of life, the implementation of new knowledge is not easy, but it makes sense to practice in the feedback technique: because it gives much better results and no colleagues or employees "vergrault".
- Make sure you have a constructive attitude.
- Ensure that the call partner can and will be able to record your feedback at this moment.
- Enter your feedback step by step to make it understandable.
- Ask yourself: What behavior did you perceive?
- Check: What effect did that have on you?
- Listen to yourself: what kind of feelings does that have in you?
- Think about: What thoughts do you have?
- Make it clear: what are your wishes and / or suggestions for your future?
- The feedback recipient presents his view of things without justifying himself.
- New approaches are developed, which in the future guarantee a viable, beneficial cooperation for both.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).