Guiding principles for feedback recipients
Make it clear whether you are currently “ready to receive” feedback or not. If not, suggest a different time or place. As difficult as it may be: First listen to the feedback giver and let him finish.
- Secure your understanding by asking: “What exactly do you mean by x?” This is where active listening technology comes into play. Only when you understand what the other person means can you react appropriately.
- Present your view of things. Avoid justifying yourself. No "yes, but ..." sentences
- Query alternative behavior suggestions. "Which behavior would you find more appropriate?"
- Close with feedback on feedback. Tell us how you feel about the feedback and how you want to deal with it in the future. “It really surprised me now! I had never seen it that way. Thanks for your feedback! Next time…"
10 tips: This is how a constructive feedback conversation takes place
As in many areas of life, implementing new knowledge is not easy, but it does Sense to practice in feedback technology: because you can achieve much better conversation results and no more "scare" colleagues or employees.
- Make sure you have a constructive attitude.
- Ensure that the call partner can and will be able to record your feedback at this moment.
- Enter your feedback step by step to make it understandable.
- Ask yourself: What behavior did you perceive?
- Check: What effect did that have on you?
- Listen to yourself: what kind of feelings does that have in you?
- Think about: What thoughts do you have?
- Make it clear: what are your wishes and / or suggestions for your future?
- The feedback recipient presents his view of things without justifying himself.
- New approaches are developed, which in the future guarantee a viable, beneficial cooperation for both.
Text as PDF, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).