Separate feedback and rating?
The naive conclusion is, "Then let's just separate feedback and evaluation!". This is an idea whose implementation is simply impossible. Of course, one talks about feedback about perceptions that you have and not about the other person's personality. Only the separation in the head of the feedback receiver is often not so easy.
We assume that you refrain from any interpretation of the personality ("you are soundso!") And only represent your perception. Nevertheless, this can blur in the mind of the feedback recipient. You can not escape the responsibility for the feedback you give.
Of course, the biggest dangers here are the megalomania of the self-exaggerating, possibly overestimating, source of feedback, in assertions and omnipresent statements ("They are always like that ...").
Ultimately, care is needed here - completely unromantic and unsatisfactory for the pragmatist. The Socratic sieves, which will be discussed in more detail in the following section, are a good heuristic for everyday life.
12 Tips for your feedback during the day of leadership
For the professional context in the Guide just as in training, we want to offer you a set of questions that you can ask yourself before any particularly responsible feedback. The answers are subject to your personal assessment.
- Is the situation appropriate for this feedback? Do I have enough time and am I the right person for it?
- Is there someone who could possibly better place this feedback? Does the relationship between me and the feedback taker fit the content of the feedback?
- Why does it urge me to get rid of the feedback? (Is it perhaps more the pressure of the Senftube than the expected resonance?)
- Will the feedback recipient want to know the content of the feedback? Would you like to know the content of the feedback in its place?
- Will the feedback recipient be able to do anything with the feedback? Can you help him with this? Can you properly identify that this is your perception and not the truth?
- What consequences might this feedback have? Also on your relationship with the feedback?
- What is the appropriate dose?
- What if you DO NOT give the feedback?
- Is the feedback recipient likely to be hurt? How to deal with this?
- Can the feedback recipient decide in advance whether he would like to talk about this feedback, or do they have to betray it? In this case, do you suppose that he / she would like to know or rather not?
- What impact will the feedback have on your relationship with the feedback provider?
- To what extent does hierarchical gravity speed up feedback? Can you reduce this?
Please, no psychogeschwafel!
The right feedback at the right time can make an enormous difference. It can also be very harmful. The only solution is care: With great power comes great responsibility.
Salutary feedback from the relevant psycho-book (preferred at the station kiosk) with unnatural expressions can sound hollow and they are thereby deprived of their effectiveness.
Whenever your employees suspect that you are saying something in a certain way because you were at the seminar, you will devalue the feedback and possibly the seminar (in case it was a good seminar).
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).