7 Preventable errors
In the minds of founders, many false beliefs and beliefs are often found. Unfortunately, they are mostly wrong and can make every founder at the beginning quite a lot of difficulties. Which seven traps should founders avoid?
- Trap number one: Los racing without thinking. Although "running away" in the sense of "starting" is not the worst, it is not enough on its own. Before the founder starts to deal with the topic, he should ask the "W questions". For example: Why does he want one at all? Company establish? For example, because the labor market no longer offers adequate employment and it is important to him to finally realize his own dreams and ideas.
- Trap number two: Inappropriate personal situation. Founders should check carefully if self-employment is something for them. "When it comes to start-ups, the key factor is the interplay of the corporate concept, financing and support from the entire environment. This is often underestimated and leads to disappointment after the first euphoria, "says von der Haar and adds:" A start-up is like a "newborn", this brings in the initial phase cuts in family life with and demands of all family members contribution. Talk to your family before starting up and agree on firm rules about self-employment ".
- Trap number three: Financially unsecured. Especially in the start phase the founders often lack sufficient capital to make ends meet, especially if one or the other order is missing. "Many founders have never heard of a start-up grant or the opportunity to voluntarily insure themselves against unemployment and thus forgive an important opportunity," says von der Haar.
- Trap number four: Lost in the jungle of market and competition. Founders should know their competitors well in order to position themselves well on the market. It is helpful to exchange experiences with industry professionals. This sometimes even results in future interesting cooperations.
- Trap number five: Target group, which target group? Many founders are enthusiastic about their business idea but have not talked to their future target group. "Much more important than the idea itself is its benefit to the customer, so that the product or service is also bought," says von der Haar.
- Case number six: The money will be enough then. Founders should think about their fees early on. Only if they earn enough, they can pay their bills. Sound financial planning is very important. It should really take into account all costs arising from the independence.
- Trap number seven: At the beginning of the game. In the initial phase of their founding, entrepreneurs are not supported by external consultants. The nasty surprise follows when there is trouble with customers, the financial office or suppliers.
Conclusion: Falling around, eradicating risks
Anyone who ventures into the lions' den or into the shark tank of their own company should definitely go there well prepared. This is the only way to mitigate risks, and thus greatly improve your chances of getting there safely.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).