Situation completely underestimated
They should develop a concept for a campaign. Ironically for a zero eight fifteen shower gel! Within a few hours! They are completely beside the track. You are reading the input presented by the assistant, but do not mention it. Everything you had prepared, salary requirements, negotiation strategy - all for the cat?
A very classic case of "situation completely underestimated". No wonder, after all, as a job seeker, you are currently swimming on a wave of success. Anyone who has managed to convince in the sales pitch and make a second appointment may also first knock on the back.
Cope with objections
But then stop? Bad idea. Because the second conversation is just not the "little brother" of the first conversation, in which "only" is clarified, which company car you get. On the contrary: Here's really something to do.
Because after the first euphoria come the concerns. If you are not prepared for the objections, they seem razor-sharp. In fact, they are pretty dull - no injury to you. You just need to know how to handle it.
What you should know in advance
To dispel an objection, you need to know what's behind this "bullshit". Because your counterpart does not simply resort to these phrases and standard announcements.
Often it is protection claims with which your interlocutor wants to keep work off his neck. These are typical 7 objections that may come your way - and how you respond:
7 Typical objections and the best reactions
- "I have no time.": Total nonsense. Everyone has 24 hours a day time, no one just 23. To be precise, your conversation partner does not want to take the time, because your concern does not seem important to him. This is exactly the starting point for a successful conversation.
- "Only with a university degree. Only with certificate. ": A certificate creditor! Here is just a lot of understanding for the need for security and for an employee who is an absolute professional - that is you.
- "Contact the Human Resources Department.": There is a responsible department for each task. And for each request only one solution. So someone thinks that is absolutely necessary to adhere to the internal rules. From his point of view, you want to circumvent the rules - clearly that your concern first provokes natural skepticism!
- "That's only online. Please use the form on our website. ": Puh, a very modern, who believes, just because the possibilities of digitization exist, they must also use. Thank God you are a bit more modern.
- "Send me your CV.": Someone wants you out of the line quickly to be able to devote his ultrawichte tasks. Very dutiful - but you do not stop him at all, but make life easier for him later, as an employee.
- "You are already the fifth to call today.": There is someone visibly annoyed. He may have exaggerated in number, but he still feels annoyed by the "intruders." Probably no one has ever been among the callers, who has promised him real added value. That's different with you.
- "That would be unfair to the other applicants." Probably an authority or a Companywhere diversity and equal treatment are part of the guideline. Everyone is in terrible fear of discriminating against someone and therefore being held accountable later. If you have someone on the phone for which absolute equal treatment is essential, you will probably bite on granite. But maybe it's just an objection to get you out of line. Ask for.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).