Strengthen your own strengths
The network career experts had asked their members whether it would be more difficult to find a new job on the labor market from 45. The unanimous opinion of the experts: older workers have to play their strengths. These are, for example, in management positions or in jobs with customer contact. Customers did not always want to have younger contacts, but those who were similar to themselves.
And the experts advise: Since lifelong learning and thus continuous further development has become the standard in many professions, everyone who works in this way will become more and more valuable on the market over the years. In teams, a “senior” member can bring calm and professionalism.
8 Tips from 8 Experts: How to find older workers a job
- Outplacement consultant Petra Perlenfein says: “Employees in this age reflect their strengths and values more consciously and clearly. They have the strength and motivation to start a new job and feel a little more independent. ”
- The career consultant and former manager Martina Bandoly says: “Professional success is not a question of age, but of your own confidence in yourself!” Personnel consultant Franz Peter Staudt is one of the experts who answered the question about the difficulty with 45+ ”Answered:“ Yes, it is difficult if the jobs are unqualified. The chances are rather slim there and no when it comes to skills. No university graduate, no matter how good, can bring this along, as it can only be worked out through “practice”. I would always prefer a qualified 45er, especially in project and consulting work. ”
- HR consultant Petraplant is certain: “Employers certainly appreciate the qualities of older applicants. I have enough examples among my customers. ”
- Lawyer and business coach Anja Gerber-Oehlmann gives the tip: “It is therefore worthwhile to think a little about your own marketing (ability), to maintain your networks and to be up-to-date in every respect!”
- Career coach Ulrike Zecher recommends: “Forget the digital application process. Better put your energy into an application blog. Promotes your visibility and strengthens your self-esteem. ”
- Head of Human Resources Gilbert Dietrich says: "Since lifelong learning and thus continuous further development has become the standard in many professions, everyone who works in this way will become more and more valuable on the market over the years."
- Coach Gudrun Happich is certain: “Applicants 45+ have no problem finding a new job or staying in the old one if they consistently answer the question: Who am I? What I want? Where and to whom do I bring the greatest benefit? Because when you have developed and / or found your ideal position, you develop the highest performance with passion and ease and are the most valuable person with the greatest benefit for every employer or customer. ”
- Expert for professional reorientation Bernd Slaghuis also gives the 45 + applicants the advice: “Be in yours application authentic and do not hide your age. Quite the contrary: Actively highlight the advantages that you bring for the company compared to a younger applicant. ”
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).