Strengthen your own strengths
The network career experts had asked their members whether it would be more difficult to find a new job on the labor market from 45. The unanimous opinion of the experts: older workers have to play their strengths. These are, for example, in management positions or in jobs with customer contact. Customers did not always want to have younger contacts, but those who were similar to themselves.
And the experts advise: Since lifelong learning and thus continuous development has become the benchmark in many occupations anyway, all those who work in this way become more and more valuable on the market over the years. In teams, a "senior" member can bring peace and professionalism.
8 Tips from 8 Experts: How to find older workers a job
- The outplacement consultant Petra Perlenfein said: "Workers reflect this aging confident and clear their strengths and values you have strength and motivation to start a new job, feel a bit more independent.."
- The career counselor and former executive Martina Bandoly says: "Professional success is not a question of age, but of one's own self-confidence!" Personnel consultant Franz Peter Staudt, is one of the experts, the question of the difficulty with 45 + with "yes "answered:" Yes, it's hard when it comes to unskilled jobs where the chance is rather low and no, when it comes to skills this can bring no amount of good college student, because you do this only by the ".. In particular, in project and consulting work, I would always prefer a qualified 45er. "
- Personnel consultant Petra Pflanz is certain: "Employers really appreciate the qualities of older applicants, and I have enough examples among my clients."
- Lawyer and Buisness Coach Anja Gerber Oehlmann gives the tip: "Therefore, it is worthwhile to make early a few thoughts for their own marketing (sfähigkeit) to maintain its networks and to be in all respects up-to-date!"
- Career coach Ulrike Zecher recommends: "Forget the digital application process, put your energy into an application blog, promote your visibility and strengthen your self-esteem."
- HR Manager Gilbert Dietrich says: "As lifelong learning and continuous development has become the benchmark in many occupations anyway, those who work in this way will become more and more valuable on the market over the years."
- Coach Gudrun Happich is certain: "Candidates 45 + have no trouble finding a new job or to remain in the old when they consistently asking Imagine: Who am I? What do I want Where and to whom I will bring the greatest benefit? After all, when you have developed and / or found your ideal position, you develop the highest level of performance with passion and ease and are the most valuable person with the greatest benefit for every employer or customer. "
- Professional reorientation expert Bernd Slaghuis also gives the 45 + candidates the advice: "Be in your company Casting authentic and do not hide your age. On the contrary: actively identify which valuable benefits you bring to the company compared to a younger candidate. "
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download or print this text as PDF for 24 hours - no distribution or duplication! When buying in "interests" the title: register, after purchase text Download at this URL, Buy multiple texts in one PDF: Book multiple copies and buy after purchase eMail communicate exact titles. Premium Members download 1 for free for a year.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or appeal as a job applicant? For these and other topics, we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).