Strengthen your own strengths
The network career experts had asked their members whether it would be more difficult to find a new job on the labor market from 45. The unanimous opinion of the experts: older workers have to play their strengths. These are, for example, in management positions or in jobs with customer contact. Customers did not always want to have younger contacts, but those who were similar to themselves.
And the experts advise: Since lifelong learning and thus continuous development has become the benchmark in many occupations anyway, all those who work in this way become more and more valuable on the market over the years. In teams, a "senior" member can bring peace and professionalism.
8 Tips from 8 Experts: How to find older workers a job
- Outplacement consultant Petra Perlenfein says: "Workers in this age reflect more consciously and clearly their strengths and values. They have the power and motivation to start a new job, feel a bit more independent. "
- The career counselor and former executive Martina Bandoly says: "Professional success is not a question of age, but of one's own self-confidence!" Personnel consultant Franz Peter Staudt, is one of the experts, the question of the difficulty with 45 + with "yes "Yes, it's hard when it comes to unqualified jobs. There, the chances are rather low and no, when it comes to skills. This can not bring a good graduate, because you can only work through this "practice". Especially in project and consulting work, I would always prefer a qualified 45er. "
- Personnel consultant Petra Pflanz is certain: "Employers really appreciate the qualities of the older applicants. I have enough examples among my clients. "
- Attorney and Business Coach Anja Gerber-Oehlmann gives the tip: "Therefore, it pays off to think about your own marketing skills, maintain your networks and be up-to-date in every respect!"
- Career coach Ulrike Zecher recommends: "Forget the digital application process. Put your energy better in a job application blog. Promotes your visibility and strengthens your self-esteem. "
- HR Manager Gilbert Dietrich comments: "As lifelong learning and continuous development has become the benchmark in many occupations anyway, those who work in this way will become more and more valuable on the market over the years."
- Coach Gudrun Happich is convinced: "Applicants 45 + have no problems finding a new job or remaining in the old, if they consistently asked the question: Who am I? What I want? Where and to whom do I bring the highest benefit? After all, when you have developed and / or found your ideal position, you develop the highest level of performance with passion and ease and are the most valuable person with the highest benefit for every employer or customer. "
- Professional reorientation expert Bernd Slaghuis also gives the 45 + candidates the advice: "Be in your company application authentic and do not hide your age. On the contrary: actively identify which valuable benefits you bring to the company compared to a younger candidate. "
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).