Observations of an alien
Sinny comes from the vastness of space and looks at the earth, its inhabitants and their habits. He studies her life, her mission statements, processes, structures, rules and limits and writes in his logbook: "They spin, these people!" Indeed ?!
"Holy cows" are not only on the Ganges. Even in our latitudes, they cavort on the business fields and in private gardens alike. Many people do not want to question their lives anymore, so that their own life illusion and protection claims that have been built up over the years can not be violated.
The holy cow
To explain - not only for the extraterrestrial Sinny - a look at Wikipedia: "A sacred cow called in ethnology a declared inviolable cattle ... In a figurative sense, a sacred cow means a taboo, so something that can not be shaken."
Such sacred cows feel especially at home in the beautiful world of business. Almost every Company houses such an inviolable domestic cattle. But let's just look at it from Sinny's eyes:
Logbook Sinny - 6 Tips for searching for meaning
- The earth-human: defines himself about what he has. If he does a lot, he gets a lot and then he is someone. So only those who have a lot are worth paying attention to. That is why people say they are not working anymore, when they imagine what they used to do. "I was director ...". They want to prove that they are important (or were). You have not noticed that they are already important and noteworthy as a person per se. Insane? Yes!
- The business earth person: defines so-called values for his company in a document they call a mission statement. Values are things and attitudes that are important to them. For example, it says that mutual appreciation is an important asset for this company. But in the discussions, which most of the participants classify as a waste of time in a four-way talk, people read their stories eMails or surf the web on their mobile phones while one of them speaks to everyone. Insane? And how!
- The employee-earth-person: sells his life to companies and receives monthly money. Often not even very much. Absolutely surprising is that many do not really love their work. They only do it for money - to live on it. Did you understand that? These people do something eight to twelve hours a day, which they do not enjoy and do not make any real sense of. They are so dissatisfied that scientists are creating studies to measure this dissatisfaction rate. This does not change anything. Crazy? No, actually sad.
- The Career Earth Man: spends a lot of time with further education and learns everything there about marketing, business and other important topics. Crazy? No, not at all. But it is crazy that some say that they do it only because of the diploma. This is the next step on the career ladder. If you ask them if they would like to study here, you only get sullen or uncomprehending looks. Crazy? Clear.
- The leisure earth person: Spends much of his time off work in front of a screen with meaningless broadcasts without real information content. He sits or lies in front of this device for three to four hours a day. Crazy? Oh yeah!
- The earth child: is trimmed to equality and measurability in the training phase (they call the "school"). For everything it gets "grades", so that one can compare the achievements of the children. There is no room for creativity, curiosity or muse. The laboriously trained again in adulthood. Many children can explain the formula for the Fibonacci series, but they do not know about their self-esteem, self-esteem and self-fulfillment. Insane? Yes, unfortunately.
Game rules viewed from the outside
Quite likely, the report would be "The Rules of the People" by Sinny. That reads something like black and white painting.
Of course, there are also many shades of gray. But to point things out makes them clearer - and that's what's important to make us realize the meaning.
Reflect and recognize
More and more people are (suddenly) looking for the meaning of their activity. And so often that it pays to think about how we all can make more sense in our work and in private life. Two questions should help you to search for meaning:
- What keeps us from experiencing more meaning in our lives or consciously perceiving meaning? : If we secretly wish, why not deal with it and try to get more into our lives? Why do not we go in search of meaning? And why do not we occasionally question our lives?
- What keeps entrepreneurs from making more sense in the company? : It would be much more fun for the entrepreneur to see more meaning in what he does on a daily basis. His communication would be more effective, especially with his employees, who would be delighted to have a sense communication. The "motivational whip" would be superfluous. Customers and business partners also love companies for which a corporate purpose with meaning is recognizable.
It makes "full sense" to think about these questions! Or do we want to feed our sacred cows forever?
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).