Pent-up demand in Company
Quite a few companies want to go the way of a more positive culture of error, but do not know where to start.
These are the guidelines for our instructions. Please consider the following points as a kind of checklist to determine what areas of your company still need to catch up.
Fault culture goes to everyone
The fault is not that an error happens, but above all in the fact that it has not been reported or prevented by timely action.
Fault culture affects everyone, everyone is required, everyone is vigilant and assumes responsibility. Thus, the company educates mature employees, for the entrepreneurial thinking, follow-up of habitual processes and waking action become self-evident.
to save time
If errors are detected in time, they can usually be "defused" with less time. If an error has occurred, there are no time-consuming and usually fruitless discussions because the further procedure is standardized.
As long as debts are debated, solutions can not be sought. Valuable time elapses. Causes of causes remain important and necessary, but the time-consuming search for guilt no longer applies.
Way with the security documentation
The time required to design your own defense strategy is also eliminated. An error culture also prevents the time-consuming "security documentation":
Employees spend a lot of time to document all stages, interim and steps, to collect tons of memos, notes and documents, all of which inflate the filing and should contribute to the future hedge. An efficient culture of mistakes thus saves time for documentation and filing and thus enormous costs.
8 To Do's for businesses
- Future perspective: From the previous norm it follows that everyone's gaze is always focused on the future. What can we learn from what happened in the future? This view makes mutual accusations, suspicions and justification strategies useless.
- The identity of the discoverer is not important: Regardless of who recognizes and reveals the mistake, it is rated not as weakness of the causer, but as an opportunity for improvement, especially the first time. Ideally, the error message is anonymous. Where this is not possible, the identity of the polluter is not considered important.
- Analyse: In order to learn from the incidents, mistakes are critically reflected and analyzed - without blame! It is therefore important to uncover and analyze "fast errors" because only they can provide insights into possible future mistakes. It's about finding the "weakest link in the chain".
- Communication: It is always communicated openly, transparently and comprehensibly. Mutual appreciation and constructive interaction with each other form the basis of internal communication between employees of all hierarchy levels. The communication is comprehensible to all, there are no collusion agreements and behind-the-back accusations.
- Talk about: Mistakes are not hushed up, tabooed and sanctioned. If mistakes or processes that almost led to a mistake are openly discussed by all parties involved, finding a solution is easier. It is not considered a taboo topic, openness is important. Sanctions are only for grossly negligent and intentional offenses.
- No hiding: For the required culture of error acceptance, it is essential not to sweep even small mistakes under the carpet. Employees are not concerned with being "good" or "bad". Therefore, there is no desire for any employee to cover up mistakes. Everyone takes responsibility for his actions.
- Change of perspective: Normally the polluters are publicly branded, it is different here. It is not the making of mistakes but the blinding of mistakes that is sanctioned! Anyone who does not report a small mistake, which he has demonstrably noticed, commits an action that leads to consequences.
- Fault: Grossly negligent and intentional action is treated differently than unavoidable, unforeseeable errors. A positive culture of mistakes does not mean a license for careless action.
The more positive handling of errors can only be done step by step in companies. Checklists and to-do lists like these can help you to implement the right values step by step.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).