Success: fall down and get up again
Success is once more to stand up than to fall. Paulo Coelho wrote:
Learn that victories and defeats are part of everyone's lives - except for the lives of the cowards.
This seems to be a problem for some people: Recently, a seminar participant said:
"Ms Topf I tried your recommendation once - it did not work, I'll never do that again."
3 tips for success
So you will not succeed. Success means much more:
- Be persistent with the motto: I never, never, never, never give up.
- But still recognize when "more of the same" is the wrong recipe and you have to try new ways.
- Learn the rules so you know when it makes sense not to follow them.
3 tips for working with others
And the following rules apply to cooperation with others:
- If in doubt, do it alone, before you enter with windy partners, who play with you riders.
- Be better and / or different from the others: Get yourself a USP.
- Think smartly about which partners help you with your success - and which not.
3 tips for the example presentation presentation
To return to the example from the last you hold your lecture - and peng, a torpedo is fired against you. Oh dear, what now? How react? How to make sure that you do not get seriously hurt and your carefully prepared talk with man and mouse goes down? Three tips on how to defuse presentation torpedoes instantly.
- Look forward to disturbances: Anticipation is half the battle. I am always shocked when Coachees say to me after their presentation: "My head of department once again split my hair - I could have thought so!" Yes, why only afterwards? If you also list the expected faults in addition to your presentation content - before the presentation! - will hardly surprise you any more. You will definitely expect it - and be well prepared, thanks to Tip 2.
- Customize standard anti-torpedo strategies: Repartee is not a spontaneous feature. Many believe that. They believe that one can deal with attacks of all kinds from a standing position. That's an unrealistic expectation. You can not talk Swahili at first! Practice makes perfect, the master. For this reason, you should refer to all the expected faults listed under 1) for suitable sample formulations. Preparation means not only contentwise, but also disruption-oriented preparation.
- Faults are not disturbances: As a rule, disturbances are none. Suppose your supervisor says in the middle of the presentation: "This never works!" Then the thing in your view only in the pants, if you assume that the Chef She wants to shoot off the rope. Although this looks like every amateur, but that's not the case: The boss wants to profile himself first and foremost. So you say: "Logically, you have noticed it first: The crux is of course in the implementation of the concept. We'll have to get a fool out of this. "And then you continue in the text. What do you think, how do you feel after that? Well. Sovereign. Impressive. Not because you commanded the boss - antagonism has not been used. But because you have given him and him right at the same time. Clever. And effective.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).