5 Tips for more employee satisfaction
Money is not everything - flexible work-life models and a balanced work-life balance promote the motivation of the workforce and increase the satisfaction. 5 Tippps like that succeeds.
- Training for all employees: Company should provide their employees with good and individual training opportunities across all hierarchical levels. So they not only promote their qualifications, but also show appreciation. According to a recent study by Oracle, only 19 percent of non-executive employees surveyed in Germany find that their training and education programs are aligned with their development plan - which causes dissatisfaction among the ranks of non-executives. In order to counteract this, it is important that continuing education offers are aimed at all levels of the workforce.
- Regular exchange: Also important for the satisfaction of the workforce is the appreciation among each other. This includes exchanging views with supervisors, so 31 percent of employees who have been in continuous dialogue with their executives over the last six months feel more connected to their company, as the Gallup-Engagement Index study puts it - above-average results. This ability to pay employees respect should be used regularly by companies.
- Work-life balance: This is how the job and the private life fit together: the Generation Y of the 18-35-age group, which is now XNUMX, attaches great importance to the compatibility of work and private life. This includes, for example, flexible working hours and the possibility to work in the home office. Childcare services also play an important role. For companies it is equally worthwhile to pay attention to a good work-life balance. It not only contributes to the fact that employees are more satisfied, but also helps them to remain motivated and effective.
- Feel good at work: Conversely, health may even suffer when work and private life are incompatible. Lack of balance between work and free time can cause dissatisfaction and burden the psyche of employees. Lack of attention and recognition from supervisors can reinforce this. This is proven by the study "Great Place to Work Health Index 2015". By contrast, companies with a health-promoting workplace culture have 30 percent fewer sick leave than other employers. Already with small acts companies can provide a pleasant working atmosphere, in which employees feel good and stay healthy. For example, free fruit and drinks, offers for regenerative sports during the lunch break, prevention courses for stress management, back exercises and project days with lectures on the subject of health. Company sports teams not only promote health, but also team spirit. If you prefer to work alone or on special equipment, you are looking forward to a cooperation between the employer and a gym - because a lower membership fee for employees increases the motivation for sports.
- Variety offer: Whether different projects or short stays in other departments - variety in the job increases the satisfaction, that also means the "Gallup-Engagement Index". For companies established internationally, a temporary job in a foreign branch offers an insight into a different working culture. This investment often also gives the young employees appreciation of the company, which in turn benefits from the experience gained by the employees there. In addition, they will find out which department suits them best and for which they are best suited or where the further career path in the company should go. They directly do the right job within the company for themselves.
In times of skilled labor, an important task of the personnel department is to keep and motivate qualified employees through positive incentives within the company. This is achieved, for example, with good opportunities for further education across all hierarchical levels, flexible working time models, offers for a health-promoting workplace culture, open discussions and variety.
In addition to the five aspects mentioned above, there are of course many other approaches that contribute to the satisfaction of employees, such as bonuses for special achievements or good career opportunities. The key is to create an atmosphere in which employees feel valued and comfortable.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).