5 Tips for more employee satisfaction
Money is not everything - flexible work-life models and a balanced work-life balance promote the motivation of the workforce and increase the satisfaction. 5 Tippps like that succeeds.
- Training for all employees: Company should provide their employees with good and individual training opportunities across all hierarchical levels. So they not only promote their qualifications, but also show appreciation. According to a recent study by Oracle, only 19 percent of non-executive employees surveyed in Germany find that their training and education programs are aligned with their development plan - which causes dissatisfaction among the ranks of non-executives. In order to counteract this, it is important that continuing education offers are aimed at all levels of the workforce.
- Regular exchange: The mutual respect is also important for the satisfaction of the workforce. This also includes the exchange with superiors, so 31 percent of the employees who have been in continuous dialogue with their manager over the past six months feel more connected to their company, as the study “Gallup Engagement Index” says - an above-average result. Companies should regularly use this opportunity to pay tribute to employees.
- Work-life balance: This is how the job and the private life fit together: the Generation Y of the 18-35-age group, which is now XNUMX, attaches great importance to the compatibility of work and private life. This includes, for example, flexible working hours and the possibility to work in the home office. Childcare services also play an important role. For companies it is equally worthwhile to pay attention to a good work-life balance. It not only contributes to the fact that employees are more satisfied, but also helps them to remain motivated and effective.
- Feel good at work: Conversely, even health can suffer if work and private life are not compatible. A lack of balance between work and free time can trigger dissatisfaction and strain the psyche of the employees. A lack of awareness and recognition from superiors can exacerbate this. This is confirmed by the study “Great Place to Work Health Index 2015”. Companies with a health-promoting workplace culture, on the other hand, have 30 percent fewer sick days than other employers. Even with small actions, companies can create a pleasant working atmosphere in which employees feel comfortable and stay healthy. For example, free fruit and drinks, offers for regenerative sports during lunch break, prevention courses for coping with stress, back training and project days with lectures on health. Corporate sports teams not only promote health, but also team spirit. Those who prefer to train alone or on special equipment can look forward to a cooperation between the employer and a fitness studio - because a lower membership fee for employees increases the motivation for sports.
- Variety offer: Whether different projects or short stays in other departments - variety in the job increases satisfaction, which is also what the “Gallup Engagement Index” means. For international companies, temporary employment in a foreign branch offers an insight into a different work culture. This investment often gives young employees appreciation of the company, which in turn benefits from the experience that the employees gain there. It also helps you to find out which department suits you best and which one is best for you, or where your future career path should go. In this way, you can directly choose the right workplace within the company.
In times of skilled labor, an important task of the personnel department is to keep and motivate qualified employees through positive incentives within the company. This is achieved, for example, with good opportunities for further education across all hierarchical levels, flexible working time models, offers for a health-promoting workplace culture, open discussions and variety.
In addition to the five aspects mentioned above, there are of course many other approaches that contribute to the satisfaction of employees, such as bonuses for special achievements or good career opportunities. The key is to create an atmosphere in which employees feel valued and comfortable.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).