Banks under pressure
As before, the situation is not easy for the money institutions. On the one hand, because the low-interest phase stops and one end is not in sight. However, Fintech industry the banks under pressure.
More and more customers are turning their backs on the banks and switching to the new start-upCompanythat are much cheaper. But despite the bad image, jobs in the banking sector remain top of the list for many.
Bad image is scratching at employer branding
There is no doubt that the bad image is also scratching the banks' employer branding. A few years ago, bankers were still highly respected people, and this has led to considerable loss of reputation since the banking crisis. Some people would have preferred to spend their money elsewhere Banker.
At the same time, Fintech start-ups are proving to be unusual in the areas of recruitment and marketing: the employees of the London start-ups Transferwise even went naked on the street to demonstrate against hidden costs in banking transactions.
What are the professions at banks?
Are banks as employers still attractive at all? We took a closer look at a few occupations and made a small trip into the private customer business and the job opportunities there.
- The Relationship Manager: This profession is an ideal activity for academics. He builds up the customer relationship and is responsible for developing financial plans and thus finding individual solutions for every customer. Relationship managers are irreplaceable for the management of fixed assets and also for advice in the private banking business.
- The Investment Advisor: This is responsible for private as well as corporate customers and shows the customers individually which investment opportunities they have. These include funds, shares or even real estate.
- The bank auditor: He is practically the conscience of the bank and controls the processes and work processes in the bank. Furthermore, they check whether the management actually pursues business policy goals and whether the corporate principles are adhered to. In addition, they are responsible for optimizing workflows, for example, if irregularities are noticed.
- The company customer support As the name implies, the corporate customer caretaker takes care of business customers. This is usually specialized in larger or medium-sized companies and develops corresponding solutions for these customers. It is of great importance that the business segments of the customers, risks and opportunities can be assessed very well.
- The consortium: This is responsible for the fact that large customers can finance a project together with other donors. The consortium will contact the potential business partners and deal with the relevant contracts.
- The Risk Manager: As a risk manager, you are responsible for assessing any damage to a company. The risk manager identifies, analyzes, controls, controls, and also displays options on how risks can be reduced.
- The Wealth Manager: The Wealth Manager is practically an asset manager for individuals who have much more money than a normal person. For example, it optimizes the structuring of the investment portfolio and protects the customer's money. It also ensures that the customer's money is increased.
- The securities analysis: As the name implies, the securities analyst is responsible for the analysis of the securities. Depending on how the securities are valued, investors later decide how the investment is to be made.
Online on the advance
There are, of course, many other professions in the banking sector, and especially online, such as easycredit, DKB and Comdirect.
Because, despite the headwind in the Fintech industry, the service providers are continuing to expand their online business and need the appropriate specialist personnel to be able to score points again with their customers.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).