High performance and humanity are not mutually exclusive
High performance and humanity are by no means mutually exclusive. Rather, humanity is in Company a crucial requirement for high performance. This method addresses the question under which conditions people in companies are willing to contribute their performance potential on a high level.
This will only succeed if employees are treated decently and fairly, ie humanely. And: It does not require a raised index finger and no excursions in moral teachings and ethics. If you want to achieve high performance on the basis of lived humanity, consider systematically your own everyday life as a manager and your company - and then take a critical look at your own behavior. However, anyone who makes themselves aware of errors in the processes in good time can correct them with little effort - and achieve the corresponding results.
3 Tips for optimal leadership
Often they are rather trifles, which run wrong. Therefore, consider these three points:
- For lasting results, high performance and humanity must come together.
- Leadership is central and requires intense attention, guidance and support from above.
- Executives need to be extremely conscientious in their leadership roles, not just the givens.
Humanity for Employer Branding
Companies are competing more than ever for the best applicants and the most capable employees. The company's reputation on the job market becomes a competitive advantage - or, in the case of a negative image, a competitive disadvantage. Today, the best applicants are only addressed by companies with a good or excellent reputation. And only those who treat these “high potentials” properly and fairly and offer them excellent working conditions can keep them in the company.
Therefore, it is advisable, out of self-interest, to consciously deal with one's own employees. High performance without humanity does not work. To put the employees under pressure, to threaten them with the loss of the job, to scare them: all of this creates resistance rather than motivation. So it comes to the service by regulation, but not to excellence. High performance has to come from within. The readiness to do so can only be found with motivated employees.
3 Tips for dealing with employees
Top companies want and have to assert themselves in ever-stiffer competition against their competitors. That is why they need high and high performance from their employees. However, lasting success can only be achieved where a human and fair dealings with the employees are accompanied by a high level of motivation.
- Demand high performance. Set challenging but achievable goals. This is the "hard" side of leadership.
- By treating your employees properly, ensure a good working atmosphere that is based on fairness and respect. This is the "soft" side of leadership.
- Notice both sides equally strong. Both are important, stand side by side and should therefore be in balance with each other. Only when high performance and humanity are in harmony with each other, can long-lasting employee motivation and lasting success be achieved.
3 tips for dealing with your own strengths and weaknesses
Fewer executives succeed right from the start to create an appropriate balance: As a rule, managers tend to go to one side or the other - for high performance or for humanity. You too will have your strengths on one of the two sides. Hence the recommendation:
- Be aware of which direction you are heading, which is your stronger side. Now work specifically to promote the other side (see below) so that both are roughly level.
- Do not weaken your strong side to reach a balance, but strengthen your weak side. This will help you achieve a high level of balance.
- It is not easy to strengthen one's weaker side, contrary to personal characteristics. It requires discipline and real work. Take on this challenge! You will massively improve your leadership skills.
3 Tips for more humanity
If your strengths are in the demand for high performance, then you are working on your humanity:
- Involve employees' interests more intensively than before and you have respect for the dignity of each employee.
- Go confidently in advance - with personal honesty and fairness. Most people are decent. Therefore, deal with them decently.
- Make sure your instructions are clear and your responses predictable. Listen attentively to what employees have to say to you. If employees disagree or criticize, this may well be justified and should be carefully reviewed by you accordingly.
3 tips for more high performance
Dominating your human side, so encourage your ability to demand high performance:
- Request permanent and above-average performance of your employees. Services must serve the company, the overall interest. Therefore, you should encourage and promote team-oriented achievements, instead of promoting individual ones.
- Carry out the necessary arguments with unmotivated employees offensively and confidently.
- Conflicts - even if they are uncomfortable, uncomfortable and difficult to solve. This is one of your tasks.
Strengthen the base level
A top company needs outstanding employees. In order to attract and retain them, first and foremost, it is necessary to have excellent executives who treat their employees in a way that they are willing to perform at a high level. Ultimately, the bottom line, the basic management level, is decisive for the leadership quality in the company. After all, it is their representatives who usually have the highest number of employees.
Thus, the basic leadership level of leadership behaves as the largest group of employees in the company. The basic management level thus decisively shapes the perception of whether good or bad leadership work is being performed in the company. The leadership quality of this group therefore has a decisive influence on the mood and motivation of your employees. For this reason, companies must pay particular attention to the selection, support and possibly further training of the lowest managers. This situation requires the utmost attention and careful design.
Text as PDF, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Book on the topic with discount: This text is also available in book form and you can buy the title here in two languages. You can also preview the book first look at and then purchase directly on the book page with a 20 percent member discount.
German edition: ISBN 9783965960282
English version: ISBN 9783965960299 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).