High performance and humanity are not mutually exclusive
High performance and humanity are by no means mutually exclusive. Rather, humanity is in Company a decisive requirement for high performance. This method aims to answer the question of the conditions under which people in companies are ready to bring their performance potential to bear at a high level over the long term.
This can only succeed if employees are treated decently and fairly, i.e. humanely. And: It does not require a raised index finger and no excursions into moral teachings and ethics. If you want to achieve high performance on the basis of lived humanity, take a systematic look at your own day-to-day management and company - and then take a critical look at your own behavior. However, if you become aware of errors in the processes in good time, you can correct them with little effort - and achieve corresponding success.
3 Tips for optimal leadership
Often they are rather trifles, which run wrong. Therefore, consider these three points:
- For lasting results, high performance and humanity must come together.
- Leadership behavior is of central importance and requires intensive attention, guidance and support from above.
- Executives have to perform their management tasks - not just the technical tasks - extremely conscientiously.
Humanity for Employer Branding
Companies are competing more than ever for the best applicants and the most capable employees. The company's reputation on the job market becomes a competitive advantage - or, in the case of a negative image, a competitive disadvantage. Today, the best applicants only feel addressed by companies with a good or excellent reputation. And only those who treat these “high potentials” properly and fairly and offer them excellent working conditions can keep them in the company.
It is therefore advisable to deal with your own employees in a consciously humane manner, even out of self-interest. High performance does not work without humanity. Putting the employees under pressure, threatening them with losing their job, scaring them: all of this creates resistance instead of motivation. This is how it comes to service according to regulations, but by no means excellence. High performance has to come from within. You will only find willingness to do this in motivated employees.
3 Tips for dealing with employees
Top companies want and have to assert themselves in ever-stiffer competition against their competitors. That is why they need high and high performance from their employees. However, lasting success can only be achieved where a human and fair dealings with the employees are accompanied by a high level of motivation.
- Demand high performance. Set ambitious but achievable goals. This is the “hard” side of leadership.
- By treating your employees properly, ensure a good working atmosphere that is based on fairness and respect. This is the “soft” side of leadership.
- Pay equal attention to both sides. Both are important, are equally important and should therefore be in balance with one another. Only when high performance and humanity are in harmony will this enable long-term employee motivation and lasting success.
3 tips for dealing with your own strengths and weaknesses
Very few executives succeed in creating a corresponding balance straight away: As a rule, executives tend to one side or the other - high performance or humanity. You too will have your strengths on either side. Hence the recommendation:
- Be aware of which direction you are leaning in, which is your stronger side. Now work specifically on promoting the other side (see below) so that both are roughly in balance.
- Instead of weakening your strong side in order to find balance, strengthen your weak side. This will help you achieve a high level of balance.
- Strengthening your own weaker side, contrary to your personal characteristics, is not easy. It takes discipline and real work. Take up this challenge! You will massively improve your leadership skills.
3 Tips for more humanity
If your strengths are in the demand for high performance, then you are working on your humanity:
- Involve employees' interests more intensively than before and you have respect for the dignity of each employee.
- Go confidently in advance - with personal honesty and fairness. Most people are decent. Therefore, deal with them decently.
- Make sure your instructions are clear and your reactions are predictable. Listen carefully to what employees have to say to you. If employees disagree or express criticism, this may very well be justified and should therefore be carefully examined by you.
3 tips for more high performance
Dominating your human side, so encourage your ability to demand high performance:
- Request permanent and above-average performance of your employees. Services must serve the company, the overall interest. Therefore, you should encourage and promote team-oriented achievements, instead of promoting individual ones.
- Take the necessary disputes with unmotivated employees offensively and confidently.
- Face conflicts - even if they are inconvenient, awkward and difficult to resolve. This is part of your job.
Strengthen the base level
A top company needs excellent people. In order to win them over and keep them in the long term, excellent managers are first of all necessary, who treat their employees in such a way that they are ready for high performance. Ultimately, the lowest level, the basic management level, is decisive for the management quality in the company: After all, it is their representatives who generally lead the highest number of employees.
What the basic management level exemplifies in terms of leadership behavior happens to the largest group of all employees in the company. The basic management level thus decisively shapes the perception of whether good or bad management work is being done in the company. The leadership quality of this group accordingly has a decisive influence on the mood and motivation of your employees. Companies must therefore attach particular importance to the selection, support and, if necessary, further training of the lowest managers. This fact requires the greatest attention and careful design.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Read customer feedback and buy a book on this topic at a discount: Do you like this text and want to read more information about it? Buy the right book including this text, buy it here in two languages, as a member even with a 20 percent discount. Would you like to take a look at the book first? You can do this by previewing the book look at and then purchase on the book page.
German edition: ISBN 9783965960282
English version: ISBN 9783965960299 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).