From the author:
The “little ones” are leading the way
Close regional market of orders and potential employees. Only professionals with a high quality awareness.
No free candidates on the job market. Hardly budget for personnel marketing. And yet neither emerging skilled workers nor junior worries. How do many small and medium-sized enterprises do that?
The real employer brand arises in daily activities
Managers are the multipliers for vision, goals and thus the company's own values. How they behave in many everyday life situations directly affects the behavior of each individual.
Just as every single person behaves daily, so does the company as a whole. So far, so well known. The only question is, why the list of vacant positions of well-known companies are not getting shorter? Too few to know how good they really are? Or maybe they are not as good as they are?
Employer brand shows leadership quality and thus culture
How to talk about a company in employee and candidate circles, is the sole existing employer brand.
A meaningful profile with the application Motivating testimonials on kununu and Co. are basic equipment, such as passing the driver's license test. Personal recommendations from employees are more likely to show how well a company really “drives”.
Behavior shows lived values: The employee magnet is born
Before we can think of an extremely effective measure that reliably enough flushes the right people into their gates, you need to be able to answer these questions positively:
- Do you keep what you promise?
- Do you take your people seriously and do you actively help them?
- Are you able to systematically eliminate annoyances?
- Do you actively request suggestions for improvement, do you follow them up to fulfillment or your justified cancellation?
- Is your organization an active learner?
- Have you eradicated any signs of a punitive culture?
- Are all your executives aware that recruiting already begins daily in every behavior and never ends?
We recommend what we want to be praised for
Any given recommendation will come back to us. That's why we want to share with others what is an advantage for us. We show how good / clever / skillful / informed we are and what high standards we have. At least we want from others recognition for our good choice. Maybe we even want to be envied.
By recommending the right people to you as an employer, you automatically get more of the “right” ones. Because every referrer wants to shine with you through his successful recommendation.
Strong recruiting action: you empower your people to recommend
It is not enough to force an employee recruitment program on the intranet with cash bonuses. Because there is a reason why even long-standing and convinced employees do not actively recommend their employer. Because usually it's up to the conceit:
- "I'm pandering to that."
- "I'm not a seller."
- “What do people think of me / us? They probably need it, or what? ”
So you still get recommendations
- Everyone in the company needs to know that people are wanted.
- In the 4 conversation, tell selected employees whose type you would like more to have more people.
- Ask: “Who do you know who can or is XY?”
- Your A-staff will worry. Maybe they have an idea or later. Give them time.
- If your people have not made a recommendation after about two weeks, think again with them about where candidates could be located.
- Ask what approach their people want to choose and help them optimize it.
- Determine Reservation, Ask for Reservations. Possibly. clear them out, or get valuable information on what is still stuck in the company.
And then, stay on the ball and do their utmost to support their A-staff. Do not forget to give them a very appreciative bonus for their successful efforts. And a premium, they go full on. That will not always be money.
Variety of measures. Consequence in the implementation
A single action is never a panacea. Especially not in the complex field of the employer brand. However, the effectiveness of a measure often only develops with the most consistent implementation. For this you need time, money and competent action leaders. Especially when recommending.
Only in daily activities creates an attractive employer brand. And only the optimally coordinated marketing mix of various measures makes potential employees aware of the employer brand.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).