Internal communication: From the employee to the CEO
From student to managerial level: Within a company, all employees have something important to share. Everyday floods of information, instructions and queries pile up in the inboxes. Significant news can literally go down in it.
Internal communication is stalled. Inadequate or misinformation as well as misunderstandings are the result, employees lose the connection, the attachment of workers and employers gets cracks. What do the employees want, what are the main problems of internal communication and how can they be solved? How can you ensure that important information is also heard and at the same time a productive exchange starts?
5 Tips for communicating with employees: A quarter wants to know more about goals and priorities
- Communicating with employees about business goals: In a study, Jive reviewed the areas in which a company's employees feel they are least well-informed and how they want to be informed in a more focused and targeted way. A quarter of respondents would like to be more closely informed about the company's objectives and priorities. A third of respondents said they wanted to learn more about the organizational news, problems and successes. Regarding the area of company changes such as restructuring, 35% reported that the state of affairs had knowledge gaps.
- To offer employees a personal perspective: Even more important is the personal perspective: for 42% of those interviewed by Jive, their employer's information policy on their own career opportunities and advancement opportunities is insufficient. The largest group of respondents, 46%, said they received too little feedback on the recognition of their own efforts and achievements.
- Field dissatisfaction: In the medium term, the survey results indicate that there is an urgent need for action in the Company for both the decision makers and their HR officers. Employee dissatisfaction damages the company in the longer term. With 42% and 46%, nearly half of the study participants each say they are not satisfied with the feedback culture of their employer. These omissions of internal communication will in the long run cause considerable problems for the executives. Employee dissatisfaction inevitably leads to a higher turnover rate, which in turn is associated with rising costs of recruiting and training employees. In addition, with the loss of each employee, a certain degree of entrepreneurial competence is lost, which in the short term can not always be compensated, especially at more frequent periodic intervals.
- Interpreting instead of consuming: For example, companies can inform their employees via the intranet. If they are not only to be supplied passively, but integrated, then silent consumers are to become active "prosumers" who, as part of the communication process, not only watch, but participate, social intranet software programs are the solution. Networked work increases employee engagement and productivity. New colleagues can be trained faster, the integration of an appreciative feedback culture promotes the positive and powerful corporate philosophy.
- Promote digital knowledge exchange: There are no limits to the exchange of knowledge and mentoring: the transfer of know-how and information links colleagues from different teams and promotes the performance of all parties involved. The smooth and fast workflows make the collaboration easier and more productive. Corporate communications are gaining an energy boost that promotes employee satisfaction and thus contributes to higher productivity. The digital linking of all workstations to a collaborative collaboration hub is a classic win-win situation: the work of tomorrow is already done today.
Conclusion: Digital communication facilitates cooperation
Internal communication should not be a problem. Rather, it should be at the center of entrepreneurial activity. The tools for this have been available for a long time: Social networks have changed the way all our communications are handled. It has become faster, more direct, more direct.
It uses different communication channels - mostly digital. This is usually always achievable. We do not just talk anymore, we network. This connection can be transferred from private life to business - internally, externally.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).