Employee motivation is the biggest challenge for topCompany
Dedicated employees are positive and enthusiastic, generating new ideas, building deeper customer relationships and generating higher profits. By contrast, non-dedicated colleagues are a burden for companies - not least because they often work past the business goals.
For this reason, the promotion of employee engagement is today one of the biggest challenges facing leading corporations worldwide. However, it is too short to introduce homeoffice days to meet the desire for more mobility or to pay disaffected employees more salary. Like other complex problems, there are many influencing factors in the management of employees, which have to be changed slowly and have to be looked at holistically.
Study shows: 7 strategies to increase employee motivation
We have worked together with the Ipsos research institute to understand the impact of workplaces on employee engagement. The findings of this study show seven main strategies for improving engagement and workplace satisfaction:
- Offer a variety of job opportunities: Knowledge has changed our way of working sustainably. Phases of deep concentration alternate with lively exchanges between colleagues. It is difficult for these different tasks to have the same workplace available. However, employees have the control over where and how they work and the corresponding work environment is available, the more committed and satisfied they are.
- Promote cooperation: The increasing globalization and the international division of labor present completely new challenges for distributed teams. The office is increasingly becoming a place where people get together and should therefore enable employees to work together in an informal and lively manner. This applies both to employees at the same location and to global teams working across borders on joint projects.
- Allow concentration and privacy: eMails, the phone or colleagues - any change in the work environment distracts us. The flood of information that streams in daily overwhelms us. Employees therefore need the ability to regulate the level of privacy themselves and retreat areas that support focused and focused work.
- Creating areas for social and informal meetings: Everyone knows the saying "First work, then pleasure". However, social exchange and informal conversations promote the relationship between colleagues and the company. A positive side effect: engagement and satisfaction are improved. The Steelcase and Ipsos global report shows that 95 percent of employees who are very committed and satisfied have the opportunity to socialize with colleagues. Therefore, there should not only be classic jobs, but also areas for social and informal meetings.
- To ensure exercise: Movement promotes thought processes - this is known, but is still too rarely implemented. The brain works most effectively when the employee can choose between different work environments depending on the type of task. It is not just about changing the workplace, but also the change between sitting and walking, working while standing at a lectern or in action on a flipchart, in a closed room and outdoors contribute to a better ability to concentrate.
- Leave freedoms: According to our latest study, 25 percent of German employees do not feel affiliated with their business, while just under a third (28 percent) say they have no way to bring their ideas into the company. However, we know that space shapes behavior. Therefore, employees need work environments in which they can feel the brand and the corporate culture as well as the freedom to express and contribute their own ideas and values.
- Cultivate Welcome Culture: Not only the colleagues at the location, but also mobile employees, visitors and guests should feel welcome in the company. Workspaces are therefore important in which mobile employees can work and network with colleagues.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).