What about your assets?
Before you finally break off the tents in Germany, you must, of course, deal with the existing assets and redeploy them if necessary. Why? The buzzword here is "essential economic interests". If these continue to exist in Germany, a set of instruments will be used by the tax authorities to secure the German tax revenue.
Extended limited tax liability
In Germany, they are subject to extended restricted tax liability. What is meant by this?
- The personal requirements are German citizens
- in the last ten years at least five years unlimited taxable in Germany
- Move into a low tax country or in a foreign country. Low-tax countries are already countries where the tax rate is thirty percent lower than in Germany.
The material requirements (essential economic interests) are:
- You are involved in a corporation with at least 1% or
- You are still involved in a partnership (not as a limited partner) or
- You are a limited partner and receive more than 25% of the profit
Too much German wealth?
But too much German wealth can have unpleasant consequences:
If you still have assets exceeding 30% of your global assets or 154.000 Euro in Germany, you will also be subject to the extended limited tax liability as well as your income from Germany more than 30% of the world income at least 16.500 Euro in any case with more than 62.000 Euro exceed.
What can you do?
There is hardly anything to be done about the personal requirements, but very much on factual obstacles imposed by the German financial administration.
- So, before you finally say goodbye to your homeland, you should divest shareholdings in corporations greater than 1 percent, or give them away as part of the anticipated succession.
- The same applies to a participation in a private company if they are fully liable. Risk of further taxation exists for limited partners only (as a limited partner) if you receive more than 25% of the profit distributions.
- The restriction of the earnings reference can also provide for a relaxation in the new home country.
If you now also manage your assets according to the requirements of the German treasury, you can not stand in the way of a decent evening of life, at least tax-free.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).