5 tips for fast reading
The term "seminar success" is of course very individual in a course of this kind. Nevertheless, in my course, all participants give good Feedback, And I have to say that my expectations were exceeded. Of course, there was already prior knowledge, but also a lot of new knowledge.
- Looking ahead. Anyone who makes sense of the first line, which section the text belongs to, and what the core topic might be, reads more efficiently.
- Reading in meaning groups. Instead of word by word, the brain is also able to capture whole sense groups. This technique not only increases the reading speed, but also the concentration.
- Man standing in the ear. The inner voice binds forces, because whoever responds, even if it is silent, is automatically slower.
- Read and understand. First comes the reading, then the understanding. If you want to do too much at the same time and then quickly, you are overwhelmed.
- Reading position. It is always advisable to take an upright posture to promote concentration. In addition, the paper should be between 30 and 40 centimeters away, a screen about 70 centimeters away. That relieves the eyes.
Away from unnecessary perfectionism
At first, I wondered if anything could get stuck when reading fast. To what extent is it possible to train a new way of reading within two days? I must say surprised: Yes, that is possible. However, applying this in everyday life is a completely different question ...
First, one should break away from the claim to understand everything immediately 100%. This is not possible even with slow reading. And if you read fast, many participants - and I agree with them - did not have much of an understanding at the beginning. But the subconscious, somehow, had absorbed the knowledge. The control questions were certainly no problem.
Afterwards, it is as always: it takes time for new procedures to become habitual. I also need to focus, consciously choose, I want to apply the learned. Of course, I no longer have a comparative value, because no one stops the time, but I still feel more effective reading.
Whether the course is worth its proud price of something over 400 EUR, I see something skeptical. Ultimately, in my opinion, knowing that you can browse your books and the Internet was selling very well.
The advantage of a course is however clear: the fixed attendance times and a lecturer, which compels you to complete the exercises. So you can not cheat yourself, and is forced to read quickly.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).