This entry contains content and information that may be out of date, eg due to legal or statistical changes. Because it can still be helpful to get an overview of the topic, you can still find it here.
This is followed by a list of particularly noteworthy or particularly critical aspects and corresponding offers to which we would like to pay particular attention. You will find further extensive information and recommendations in the annual updated credit tests of the Center for Higher Education Development.
- Performance orientation: Performance orientation plays only a limited role in the design of conditions. Overall, it is not apparent that attempts are being made to create incentives for better performance. The Baden-Württemberg Study Contribution Loan offers a certain performance orientation. There is the possibility to free high-performance students during their studies and retrospectively - other countries have similar approaches. The offers of CareerConcept, Deutsche Bildung and Deutsche Kreditbank are also geared towards today's or future services. CareerConcept is primarily addressing high potentials and is conducting an extensive selection process. In addition, an incentive is a lower repayment in the case of a fast study. The Dresdner Bank's tender offer, which was still provided by 2006, which provided for a reduction in interest rates with prior training and with very good examination, does not exist any further.
- Financing of study fees: The offers of the state support banks offer in particular advantages for students, who want to refinance study fees. These offers can be particularly attractive for BAföG recipients. However, this does not include a possible financing of life costs.
- Abroad: Anyone planning a stay abroad should in particular - in relation to the nationwide offers - in particular about the models of Dresdner Bank, German Education, Career Concept and DKB inform. There are further and / or increased support for stays abroad. For other providers, this is sometimes difficult or impossible.
- Private University: If you would like to study at a private university, you should inquire at your university for special conditions or banking cooperation. However, the conditions for exclusive cooperation do not necessarily have to be better.
- Safety: Easily accessible and widely available is the range offered by KfW, which offers itself primarily to regular students. It should stuff the middle-class hole. It is easily accessible and is available almost everywhere. Those who want to finance their livelihood should use this offer. At the same time it offers reliable conditions and a certain degree of state and social control of the conditions. Those who do not want to take risks are doing well, especially as KfW offers low interest rates. The offer of the KfW is to address in particular students, who receive no BAföG and nevertheless are not supported by the parents.
- Study qualification or bridging loan: If you only need a study degree or bridging loan, you should inquire at the local Studentenwerk for offers from the Federal Office of Administration (www.bildungskredit.de). The loan fund of the Studentenwerke in the state of North-Rhine Westphalia (www.daka-nrw.de) offers interest-free loans for the completion of the studies.
- Income-related repayment: In most cases, income-related tariffs for repayment are not explicitly provided. There are, however, exceptions: the CareerConcept or Deutsche Bildung educational fund measures the debt to be repaid based on the income of the graduates. And the Volks- und Raiffeisenbank Bad Waldsee offers study loans, the interest rate of which depends on the income level. However, most providers offer flexible choices in the amount of the repayment rate so that an adjustment is possible depending on income.
- Flexible payout and repayment: In the payout phase, the interest is almost always deferred - where this is not ensured in individual cases, otherwise the payout is reduced continuously over time. There are ways to make payouts and repayments flexible. A special model offers the Dresdner Bank, which in the payout phase, the student loans in the form of a current account credit leads - so not only is the payout to a limit flexible ("debt to measure"), but it is also possible, the credit at any time in whole or in part to pay off.
- debt relief: In addition, there is very little chance of getting out of debt when a certain amount has been exceeded or when the repayment has not been made over a long period of time. The private providers have a maximum credit limit, but no "cap on the repayment obligation" provided. These are available only in the tuition fees of the Länder, where the repayment amount for BAföG recipients (and only for these) is limited. And only the Hessische Studienbeitrag loan has a "debt-forgiveness", in which the debt expires if, over a set period, a repayment is not possible.
- Educational credits and educational savings: Savers who have already known a loan before the start of their studies should especially examine the savings bank model. It combines - according to local design - educational loans and education savings. At all, offers from savings banks, Volks- und Raiffeisenbanken to standard students. Above all, the savings banks combine education loans with educational savings. Here are good opportunities for those who want to save on your studies.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).