From the author:
The simplest description of what ethics is is "the doctrine of meaningful togetherness". In other words, we need a measure of "meaningful togetherness" so that all people and, in addition, all living beings on this earth are involved. For ethics is also the doctrine of responsibility for everything that lives. We must not and can not escape our ethical responsibility. All these aspects are brought together in philosophical ethics. It says:
[quotes] "As a human being, I am the center of my (not the) world, knowing that this also applies to every other human being. Serving the other human being, being the center of his world, is the basis of personal and economic success, the basis of finding meaning, but also the basis of economic activity and entrepreneurial action. "
Ethics combines altruism and egoism
Let me emphasize that it says, "I am the center of MY world" - not the world! On the contrary, the philosophical ethic combines altruistic and egoistic, social and individualistic aspects. Here are a few examples:
- Everyone is at the center of his world and therefore has the obligation and the right to unfold his gifts and talents. This, of course, also applies to the entrepreneur - who, at the same time, must also ensure that other people, especially employees and customers, can become and remain the center of their world.
- The entrepreneur may and should strive for economic success - but always with the aim of also serving the public.
- When I know that every human being thinks as I do and assumes that he is the center of his world, I recognize that every person in his subjective perception considers himself to be important. And that is also good, because only a person who loves himself, accepts and acknowledges can also love, accept and acknowledge other people. Ultimately, we are all equal and equally worthy.
In search of the ethical source
The Dalai Lama means something very similar when he says, "I do not think I have very good qualities. Oh, maybe a few little things. I think positively. Of course, sometimes I get a bit annoying. But in my heart, I never blame anyone, never think badly about anyone.
I also try to be more considerate of others. I believe that others are more important than me. Maybe people like me because of my good heart. "Albert Schweitzer has said:" I am life that wants to live in the midst of life that wants to live. "Thus, philosophical ethics shows two fundamental truths:
- Man and his environment must be the center of all action. The rule is: "Solve the problems of your fellow human beings - and you will solve your own."
- Philosophical ethics provides an answer to the question of the meaning of life, which everyone can relate to his personal way of life. This path is not an expressway between birth and death, but touches many stops, especially many people. As Johann Wolfgang von Goethe already said, the isolated man does not come to the goal alone. Rather, he needs the other people and social contact with them. It depends on the ability to serve other people and to develop empathy with them.
For me, philosophical ethics is the ethical source that exists in us human beings and should ground and guide all our thinking and action. Of course: this is not always the case, it is rarely the case - it is a visionary notion that all people act on the basis of philosophical ethics. But this is no reason to give up this visionary claim.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).