Clothes make people - still! In fact, lay Company again value on well-kept business clothes. 2 X 17 tips on what women and men should really look out for in the job.
Writing for you:
Unique selling point style
The products and services are becoming more and more similar Company - whether large, medium or small - can only position itself today on the market through "employee personalities".
The representation requirement of each individual employee increases enormously - every small and medium-sized enterprise also wants and has to differentiate itself from its competitors.
Clothes are a must
Safe appearance therefore not only involves manners and behavior when dealing with people, but also the clothing with which we present our company.
Clothes express their value and their awareness of a well-groomed overall appearance. From the clothing or uniform, a customer can draw conclusions about your company.
Company: Back to the proven dress code
More and more companies are going back to the (proven) dress code
- to provide a consistent appearance and
- to separate the difference between work wear and casual wear more clearly. The leisure fashion has taken a great place in our everyday lives. We love it practically, casually and at times sporty and these signals can sometimes reach the customer. Studies in the US show that today again every
- Companies abolish the "casual Friday" (employees wear no strict business clothing that day). The clothing helps to immerse in recreational mood on Friday.
Companies should use the opportunity to address the topic of clothing and to explain the requirements in the company when hiring new employees. Otherwise, new employees always have to orientate themselves on the "secret dress code" that someone has coined.
Clear rules make it easier to deal with each other
It makes it easier for all parties involved to write clear rules in the house rules, so as not to have to follow this after annoying discussions or the employees are reprimanded, although there were no clear instructions.
It does not always have to be a "uniform", but there should be a recognition effect for the customer, so that he can assign the employee to the company.
The clothes belong to the company philosophy
In some companies, you do not know whether to address an employee or another customer because both are dressed in casual clothing.
Whether eg a uniform shirt / polo with name tag and a dark trousers or a skirt with the matching shoes is chosen or a costume / suit is part of the company philosophy.
Business clothes: 17 tips for the woman
- Make-up: Clear distinction between day and evening make-up
- Hair: no flowing hairstyles - for long hair, the hair rather simple and with a tendency to get out of the face
- Hands: neat nail length, no nails or nail decoration, artificial nails - French manicure
- Clothing: represent the company and thus think of the message to be conveyed when choosing the outfit
- Well suited are trouser suit, costume, dress, skirt
- Always pay attention to the appropriate length of skirt or pants
- Always cover shoulders and upper arms
- Matching is a classic outfit (best materials and best quality) mixed with fashionable accessories
- No skin-tight body, no visible underwear
- No supermini, no big cleavage, no leggings, no super-sporty outfit
- No spaghetti straps, no romantic look, no transparent look
- Accessories: not overly high - pay attention to quality and jewelry, 8 jewelry as a guide, piercing / tattoo - not visible
- Belts: pants, skirts - the loops have
- Stockings: always wear stockings, even in summer (option), no seam, no fishnet stockings
- Shoes: closed shoes - heel-free is possible, no super high stiletto heels, no sandals, no mules, slipper, "Birkenstock", remove label on the sole
- Perfume: restrained or fresh fragrance
- Bag: College folder, timer or briefcase
Business clothes: 17 tips for the man
- Hair: Short haircut, attention: hair from the nose, ears. eyebrows
- Clothing: not shirt open, non-skinny pants, no short sleeve (leisure) and tie, combination or suit, no too casual, sporty outfit (signals free time)
- Shirt: long sleeve shirt, singlet (!)
- Vest: lower button open - in a classic suit
- Tie: no comic motifs; Close button under the tie
- Tie tip: End of the belt - point on the thorn
- Cuffs: 1 cm from the jacket
- M-buttons: positive for the overall picture, not for a tie-free outfit
- Pocket square: pattern / design other than the tie
- Tie clip: currently not so up to date
- Watch - Belt: Metal color must be the same
- Belt: no empty belt loops
- Socks: dark and long; made of fine material and without pattern; Length: the socks should also cover the leg while sitting
- Shoes: elegant shape, well-groomed and made of leather; Brown shoes for a dark suit possible - attention in the evening!
- Jewelry: no jewelry such as bracelet, earring or visible necklace, no visible piercing or tattoo
- Handkerchief: made of fabric
- Perfume: unobtrusive fragrance
More information? Take advantage of our e-courses & personal advice