Which goals do I associate with the Further education?
Before it comes to the selection of the appropriate offer and provider, everyone should make it clear what they want to achieve with continuing education.
The more intensive one is concerned with these and many other questions in advance, the greater the likelihood of finding an education that is tailored to individual requirements.
Checklist: Find the right training
- For example, is it a question of adapting knowledge to a specific subject in a short time, or does it come to the conclusion?
- Should the content be used privately, or should a professional advance be achieved?
- How important is the degree?
- Is, for example, an acknowledgment of participation by the provider, or should further education be prepared for a public or state degree, possibly also for an academic degree?
- Which topics and contents should be treated?
- How much time can be invested per week in continuing education and how long can this total go?
- Is there also the possibility to participate in attendance events at the place of residence or even from it, possibly also during the week or only at the weekend?
- With which learning materials do you want to learn predominantly - printed study letters, electronic written materials or preferably videos and online events, possibly also classroom instruction?
- What is the willingness to invest financially in the distance learning course?
- How important is the exchange with other students online or also real on-site?
Selection of suitable offers
Anyone who has dealt extensively with the questions above should have developed a pretty good idea of what is appropriate for a further education. Now it is important to find offers that meet these requirements.
Various databases and directories are available on the Internet. Some of the criteria can often be entered in a search mask, while others require more research.
Decision for a provider
It is worthwhile to create a table with all the available offers as rows and the various one personally important criteria as columns and then fill it out. In addition to the formal criteria, there may also be softer ones such as, for example, reviews and experience reports on the Internet, abdominal feeling or friendliness in contact with the study counseling.
Possible sources of information are the Internet, the providers' information material, and inquiries regarding the study advice.
By KO criterion to the right supplier
When the matrix is completely filled, a good basis for the decision is provided. In the ideal case, there remains only one vendor who best meets the requirements.
Frequently, however, it will be the case that a number of potential remote schools or post-secondary schools are left, each of which satisfies particular requirements particularly well and others less well.
In the end, listen to the belly
Then it should be considered again, which criteria are how important and a list of priorities are set up.
In addition to all purely rational considerations, one should also listen to oneself and consider with what offer one feels most comfortable.
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).