Why is search engine optimization important?
Everyone talks about search engine optimization. No wonder: Being found on the Internet is indispensable today. Because even the best content on the net is lost unread if potential readers do not find it.
The decisive one success For every website is a good visibility in the search engine Google (or in international markets in Bing and Yahoo). This high visibility is the goal of the marketing discipline Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
The related measures make a website better searchable in Google if successful. It therefore helps to learn how to comprehensively and correctly plan and implement search engine optimization and thus implement all necessary work step by step.
How does successful search engine optimization work?
Successful search engine optimization today requires a multitude of coordinated activities and is no longer - as in the early days of Google - only the use of less technical screws.
One of the most basic measures is on-page optimization, which means you can optimize your site directly, including the structure and structure of your page, as well as finding the right keywords to help you optimize your texts.
5 basic tips for on-page optimization
Because: If your internet presence does not meet certain minimum criteria, it is not listed in Google or bad. The most important measures are of a technical nature. You can convert the following points yourself or have them checked by your webmaster.
1. Optimize the URL structure of your page
The Internet addresses of the pages should be so-called "readable URLs", in which the contents of the page content appropriate words occur.
An example of a good SEO URL (keyword "healthy sitting tips"):
Examples of SEO Unsuitable URL:
Headings must not only be visually recognizable as such, but must also be marked as <h1> or subheadings with <h2> or <h3> in the technical HTML code of the page. If you are not an HTML expert, this is best done by the webmaster.
The webmaster is the person who technically manages the website. It can be you, it can be a commissioned agency, or the person responsible for running and changing your site.
3. Validatable HTML code
The technical HTML code must be correct, ie comply with the "W3C standards". A website can easily be checked on the internet with a validator such as validator.w3.org.
Make sure yourself or have the technician responsible for your website make sure that the page has as few errors as possible.
4. Set up webmaster tools
Although Google Webmaster Tools are not a Google Placement tool, they are one of the most useful tools in practice. It's usually the first tool set up by search engine optimizers.
- What do the webmaster tools bring you? Here you will find information about search terms and the number of places reached, a list of links to you and within your website as well as statistics about the speed and errors of your website. The setup is very easy for every webmaster.
- What should you do first? In this first step, you do not need to take any further steps with the Webmaster Tools than just involve it. It usually takes a few days for Google to make all the data available, which you will then use in the next few steps.
- Make sure your page has been successfully added: You have completed this step if there are readable URLs with appropriate keywords for all pages on your website, all headers in the HTML code are tagged with H tags and you have access to the Webmaster Tools.
- Validate your code: However, if your HTML code can not be fully validated, it does not prevent you from implementing the next steps. But you should keep an eye on 100% validation for the future to get better rankings on Google.
5. Find meaningful keywords (keywords)
Central, generic words such as "car", "pizzeria" or "buy computer" are very often searched in Google. But they are also so competitive that reaching the front seats takes a lot of effort and time.
Often it is more efficient and less effort to attract four 250 site visitors with four less frequently searched keywords than to get 1000 visitors alone with a generic, competitive keyword alone. Therefore, determine the correct keywords with the following procedure:
- Find all relevant search terms
- Evaluate search frequency and competition situation
- Choose the most promising keywords
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).