Digital Detox - Old wine in new tubes?
The idea of simply getting out of the car is not new: Katja Kullmann wrote a few years ago in Petra about so-called mental fasting, the journalist Christoph Koch published his bestseller “I'll be offline” in 2012, and Harpe Kerkeling was known to be completely gone.
The desire to get out, let go is more present today than ever - but an old hat: For those who want to combine all aspects of modern life, ie everyday life, love, sport and pleasure, not only infinite choices, but also in his diary still white surfaces.
Mental fasting - the solution to all problems?
The increasingly popular answer to this problem is, as it seems to me: switching off, relaxing, de-stressing - and even better switching off the brain at the same time. No matter if you call it Mental Fasting, Spring Cleaning for Souls, Digital Detox or Downshifting:
The names vary, but the content is always the same. It is about as far as possible medial persistent irrigation and perhaps even the same thinking. But how do you do that exactly?
9 tips for switching off
But how do you manage the shutdown in the digital Dauerstress because now exactly? The most important 9 tips at a glance:
- Maintain only the most important contacts: A major aspect of the digital overstrain for many people: A steady growing network of social contacts, with which, however, demands and obligations grow. Nobody can really take care of all his digital contacts. Therefore, you should focus on the most important.
- Select correctly: But how do you differentiate between good and bad contacts? Most people are prone to rigorously eradicate time-wasters and annoying people. Because one-sided relationships cost life energy, which we do not get back. However, one should always keep an eye on the quality of the whole relationship: one should not break up with old friends, who are going through a difficult phase, in order to prioritize short-lived contacts.
- Room for serendipity: Digital relationships work much more focused and useful than offline relationships. As a result, however, we lack the space for random interaction, which again leads to stress. As Harpe Kerkeling wrote in “I'll be gone” so nicely: “Even the most annoying people sometimes mean it well”. Creative ideas that advance us sometimes only reach us through random events. You can't always know or control what comes out of it. Therefore, we should also take breaks and random interaction. plan on.
- Farewell to unrealistic goals: Take it change or leave it. True to this motto, you should say goodbye in time, of unrealistic goals. Life takes place in the here and now, not in the subjunctive. It helps to consciously visualize illusions and then banish them - for example, by burying them or shooting them into space.
- Use counterfactual thinking: We should stop wasting our precious time with subjunctive elements ("If only I had only then ...", "Would I just ..."). But not rigorously: Because this kind of counterfactual thinking is after the Psychology-Professor Neal Roese even important to realize what went wrong and what can be done better for the future. So you should use it specifically for yourself.
- Complete cleaning for life: And one more aspect is important to me in terms of past dreams: you can also use them to clean your life up and do some crucial things differently by thinking about your old goals and thinking about how to deal with the current situation can agree. Personally, I find my old ideas extremely constructive. And best of all, I do not even have to change anything radically.
- Becoming aware of your own goals: By the way, it is important to get focused on the digital change, that you realize what your wishes and goals really are - and which ones have been grafted on by your environment or society. That is how to distinguish Prof. Dr. Petra Jansen from the University of Regensburg in an interview explained, not always easy.
- Only no comparison addiction! Perfectionism and comparison with others is poison in the fast-moving social media world, at the same time it is still promoted by the digital flood of images. It always has to be made clear: High performance is not commonplace and only because others have managed to lose weight or celebrate their other successes on Facebook, we do not have to imitate everything yet.
- Relaxation instead of perfectionism: Don't fall into the "Otherwise nobody will do it" or "I can do everything" trap! Better reach for the thick marker and black out all unnecessary activities in the calendar - my book offers a somewhat more detailed guide to this "The 110% lie". So if you only drag yourself onto the golf course for reasons of prestige or just follow the guilty conscience at the family celebration, go to the cinema instead and tell Aunt Emmi as charmingly as possible that you have more important things to do ...! Because, you have to say that sometimes, your own relaxation is sometimes the most important thing.
Text as PDF, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).