Employees expect flexible working hours
Studies like the Monster Recruiting Trends show that many employees expect work-life balance and flexible working hours from their employers, but the subject is still subject to many reservations.
Employees, especially those of the young generation, want to decide for themselves when and where they work. On the other hand, according to the study of Monster also fear loss of productivity due to difficult communication.
Rigid working time laws obstruct flexibility
Employers often fear this, while others - most notably Microsoft or Coca-Cola - are already giving their employees a completely free hand in designing their working hours.
However, from the point of view of the employer, this often conflicts with rigid working hours laws. So demands of the Federal association of the labor lawyers in Company (BVAU). As recently stated by BVAU President Alexander R. Zumkeller:
"Labor law needs to be adjusted through deregulation. Setting up a day or a week to be self-determined, depending on the weather, friends and children - this conflicts with a rest period of 11 hours or a ban on Sunday work. "
New Laws in Time Work
Also in terms of temporary work in the legislation could soon change a lot. Because the grand coalition has agreed the "development" of temporary work in the coalition agreement. Among other things, the projects include the introduction of equal pay for temporary workers and permanent employees after nine months (Equal Pay) and a maximum leasing period of 18 months for temporary workers in the same customer operation.
Another aspect of corporate digitization: more and more employees are on the road in social networks. This raises an abundance of legal issues, for which both entrepreneurs and employees have to develop sensitivity. In addition to issues relating to data protection and labor law, it also deals with issues related to copyright, advertising, expressions, juvenile protection and criminal law.
Matching events on the future staff
On these topics, there are a number of exciting events on the future staff, led by the 15.-17. September in Cologne.
- Flexible working hours: Under the moderation of Volker Hassel, editor-in-chief of the magazine "Arbeit und Arbeitsrecht" Alexander R. Zumkeller, Head of Labor Law, Tarif- u. Social Policy of ABB AGTobias Neufeld, LL.M., Partner of Allen and Overy LLP, Dr. Klaus Linde, Head of Labor Relationship Services at Deutsche Telekom AG, and Dirk Pollert, stv. Managing Director of the Bavarian Metal and Electrical Employers' Associations bayme and vbm and the Association of the Bavarian Industry (vbw).
- Temporary work: Are the planned new regulations permissible under constitutional and European law? This question goes Dr. Anja Mengel, LL.M., Partner of the law firm Altenburg Specialist lawyers for employment law, according to.
- Social Media Use of Employees: In a lecture, Prof. Dr. Rolf Schwartmann, Chairman of the Society for Data Protection and Data Security (GDD), reviews the legal requirements.
- New world of work with old rules: How the old labor law fits in with the new working conditions is also busy Dr. Frank Walk, lawyer at Emplawers, in the Experts' Corner HR and Law. In one-hour sessions, trade fair visitors will be able to find out about employment law issues and discuss questions from the field.
- Digitization in labor law: "Digitization in employment law - new challenges and old acquaintances" is also the subject of specialist lawyers Aziza Yakhloufi and Alexander von Chrzanowski of Rödl und Partner in the Experts' Corner HR and Law.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).