<a href="http://www.jnmastore.com/">العربية</a>German

Construction 1 / 20: Definition of a further education

Next part

Top20 German bloggers, referenced inZEIT, Wikipedia &Blogger Relevance Index, Since 15 years change of the working world: Consulting, Books, News service Best of HR,Seminars&Locations.
Copyright:Image material in a cooperation free of charge provided by Shutterstock.

further education is "in". Lifelong learning is becoming increasingly important. One way to continue education: postgraduate courses. They help professionals to open up new career perspectives and to improve graduates' entry opportunities right after graduation.

Construction 1 / 20: Definition of a further education

Writing for you:


Simone JansonSimone Janson, German Top20 blogger, Appearances in ARD, occasionally articles for WORLD, TIME, WIWO, t3n, W & V, makes Best of HR - Berufebilder.de & HR communication.


Further information & services? Will you member or take advantage of our regular newsletter!

Important NOTE

This entry contains content and information that may be out of date, eg due to legal or statistical changes. Because it can still be helpful to get an overview of the topic, you can still find it here.

What is the cost of a construction study?

What is a postgraduate course? Let's start with 0 - at the definition. A postgraduate course is in principle nothing more than a vocational one further education, It builds on knowledge acquired during studies or in the profession and deepen it in a special direction.

They have only one disadvantage: they cost time and money. In addition, certain points must be observed in health insurance. For this reason, interested people almost always ask themselves the same question: How can I find the appropriate construction study, which also brings me to work?

And: What does it cost and how do I finance it? In order to answer these questions, I decided to start a small series on the topic of building construction, which also deals with the financing. The contributions are published here in loose spaces.

Where can a construction study be done?

You can undertake a postgraduate course at a state institution as well as at a private institution. Traditionally, postgraduate courses are full-time programs with attendance requirements as in a normal course of studies.

These are usually completed after one to four semesters. However, more and more part-time offers are offered, during which you can complete part-time work while working part-time. This is convenient and convenient, but it also takes much longer - some MBA degrees, for example, can only be obtained after eight years.

Trainee courses

Professional courses can be completed in the evenings and on weekends or as a distance learning course. The latter is particularly useful when a move is not possible but the desired course of study is not offered on the spot.

More and more programs are modular, so that either the entire course of studies or only partial areas can be completed. The latter is particularly interesting for those who already have previous knowledge, for example from a previous training or a job.

In addition, three types of construction studies can be distinguished:

  • Consecutive courses are usually undergraduate and postgraduate courses. They build on each other according to the requirements of the study or examination regulations. As a rule, three years are required for the Bachelor and two years for the Master, but in some places the model also has four plus one. The decisive factor is that these courses do not exceed the overall scope of five years of standard period of study until the Master's degree. The Master's degree program can continue and deepen the Bachelor's degree program or, as far as the professional context is maintained, expand across disciplines and at the same time prepare for the professional activity. Bachelor's and Master's degree programs can be consecutively studied at different universities, also at different types of higher education institutions and also with phases of employment between the first and second degree. As a rule, a consecutive degree program requires a degree in a relevant subject.
  • Non-consecutive postgraduate courses do not build on the previous course. However, access requirements are usually a completed university degree.
  • Continuing training courses have a university degree, followed by a qualified professional experience of not less than one year. The contents of the postgraduate postgraduate studies are intended to take account of the professional experience and to build on it. The link between the profession and the course of studies must be defined in the examination or study regulations. The limits to continuing vocational training are fluid here.

More information? Take advantage of our e-courses & personal advice

E-Courses Consultingoccupations pictures

The Debate Monitor pools feedback from 2 million users on 100 social media channels (Overview) to our contributions. You want to comment here? Please the Debate Rules , contributions must be released. Photos are via Gravatar possible, your e-mail address remains secret.

Feedback statistic:

  1. 32009 readers according to Google Analytics
  2. 4 times feedback in total
  3. To follow debate on this post
  4. All debates follow
  5. Subscribe to debates via eMail (add link here!)

Most talked about last month:

  1. Jean-Paul

    Dear Mrs. Janson,

    thank you very much for your really great blog or for your book. Those who give a courage for the future beyond various FAZ articles à la spiritual scientists have it hard.

    About me I became 29 and completed my studies of History and Political Science as a MA just over a year ago. After that, much to my chagrin, without much thought, I decided to do a dissertation and worked rather unsatisfactorily until around February, and for a variety of reasons (including a poorer position in the labor market after 5,9 years (according to a Verdi study), abandoned the idea.) As a sideline I worked as a freelancer in the field of PhD and as an interviewer, where I discovered that I am good with people, that I can manipulate and sell, and would like to use this talent for a future career.

    I could now go to the search for a position - with the restricted qualification profile of the spiritual scientists - at least in the eyes of the local economic culture. Or I am doing a postgraduate course, which could also increase my chances on the national market.

    Since I am very much - excuse me now please my attitude, I would not like to steal anybody - in Germany repels, I can also imagine doing a postgraduate course abroad and if I like to stay there too. Besides, the adventure is exciting to me.

    I have been thinking about Flanders, England, Wales or the Netherlands. As a course of studies for me generalistic direction such as Mangement, Marketing like Public Mangement. Especially in England, I have a large number of postgraduate (taught) MScs in the universities, which, in contrast to existing consecutive masters, are aimed specifically at postgraduates of all disciplines. Well, there are no MBAs, but mostly for a year, no professional experience is required and especially they are not as expensive as MBAs.

    However, I do not know what to think of these courses. What would they bring to me for the labor market in Germany (even without special accreditation, after all, they are logically in English)? Apart from describing articles on ba-auslandsvermittlung.de, I have not been able to find any empirical reports from spiritual scientists.

    So in a nutshell, I long for a new adventure that opens me relatively quickly many doors and brings me quickly in the "job". And I long for a second title, if I do not do a doctor anymore (please forgive me this Vanity Cool).

    Can you give me any advice or advice?

    I am looking forward to your reply and thank you paravance. Besides, I wish you a nice Easter.


    PS I hope all the sentences are consistent, due to a presentation error (probably my browser, I can not see the right edge of this frame)

  2. Simone Janson

    Hello Jean-Paul,

    I'm sorry I'm only answering you now - I just had a lot to do. And the display error is at my website, which unfortunately is not so perfect in everything. But I am very pleased that you liked the blog and the book.

    To your questions: Congratulations on the idea to go abroad. I always only hear from various acquaintances, that it should be easier there, because supposedly more to the capabilities looked and less tightly attached to the study subject. I can understand your frustration, I also share.

    I had a friend who worked in London for three years as a stockbroker. Her only qualifications: she could be three-language fluent - everything else was training on the job.

    I think it's nice that you want to qualify. In my estimation, however, it is ultimately more and more important to have good contacts and relevant practical experiences. Whether the construction study really brings something, depends ultimately on the labor market situation and the person who discontinues it. As we were able to experience in the blog last week, we can also make sure that the predictions are going to be tough. Ultimately, it depends on you and your commitment.

    On the subject of MBA / PhD, I would like to refer to the example of Dr. Dr. Krone, who has made both: http://beruf-suchen.de/aut.....iver-krone

    Perhaps that helps in the decision-making.

    The decision, which is now better, however, can not take you off. Possibly. helps a sound career counseling. I personally found that your project sounds quite reasonable.

    Best regards and good luck

    Simone Janson

  3. Simone Janson

    Dear Petra,

    thank you for your question. I start times back and want first
    some more detailed notes on financing (detailed
    I can not ask for legal questions because of the law

    1. Financing of continuing education

    To clean up with a common misunderstanding: It is
    understandable, that one does not want to report work-seeking
    an education voucher from the employment agency. But that is,
    at least formally, also not at all necessary: ​​the law also states
    nowhere, that one must have to get an education voucher.
    The educational voucher is solely at the discretion of the
    Employment consultant. However, the employment agency would like so
    few unemployed (who must pay unemployment insurance)
    as possible and the educational vouchers are a means of
    Work agency to achieve that. One can therefore calculate who
    the best chances of an education voucher.

    The prerequisites for an educational voucher can be found here: [http://www.arbeitsagentur.de] ...

    However, nobody has a legal claim on an educational voucher, see also: [https://berufebilder.de] - ...

    As an alternative to this, there is the education check in NRW, which is also paid to start-ups within the first five years: [http://www.bildungsscheck.nrw.de]

    Also, for construction studies are under certain conditions
    BAföG subsidies are possible. For this I have a detailed collection
    posted here, which you can read times (the whole series
    respectively under the contribution):

    [Https://berufebilder.de] ...

    [Https://berufebilder.de] ...

    In addition, there are still Bildkreditite: [https://berufebilder.de] as well as the master BAföG - this however not for Studiengänge: [https://berufebilder.de]

    There are also some funding available here: [http://www.foerderdatenbank.de]

    2. To select training

    Unfortunately this is a very wide field, because the market is
    very unclear. To you simply to name a study subject,
    would be dubious.

    However, I have also published some articles that show how to proceed with the selection - which can be found here: [https://berufebilder.de]

    Apart from that, there are very good service providers for this job
    although not quite cheap, but you just the right offer

    In your case, however, you could simply ask the German Public Relations Society: [http://www.dprg.de]

    3. suggestions

    But I would like to say something else: you already have
    Professional experience and already have contacts - is a
    Continuing education? Advantage is, of course, that one then
    has the feeling of putting the matter on solid feet
    to be able and thus one perhaps also clients better
    can convince. Even if I do not PR, I have however out
    experience in the communications industry
    a lot mainly about contacts and professional experience. And the
    one does not acquire a theoretical education
    but training on the job. Statistics of the Federal Agency for Labor
    also show that, above all, those who are graduates on the
    most of them are continuing their training in companies
    was carried out.

  4. I live in North Rhine-Westphalia and is currently planning to work as a copywriter from November 2009. For this I would like to develop in the PR area. I have also worked as a copywriter and textcoach.

    I would prefer a bachelor's degree, preferably in communication science, which is currently not offered by any university or college (if you know of one, always with the information!).

    Now I wonder whether there is beside the founding grant also at the same time an educational voucher or education check? I have learned from a provider of a PR training that there are some participants in the course who are looking for a job, but so far no entrepreneur who is supported by the course.

    I would like to start immediately as a founder and not as a pseudo job seeker. If you can contribute something, I am looking forward to your reply.

Post a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with * .